Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahh where to I start here. Another day of riding. I filled my sled with coolant from that last issue and said screw it, lets roll! I headed out from Berkshire to meet some friends at the VFW in Dryden. I had a slight problem along the way.
Snow Snowmobile Vehicle Winter Winter sport

A young man went by me, then came back immediately, passed me up hill very close to my right very fast.. then cut hard back in front and roosted me in the face. Man was I pissed. I followed him. We then came up on 6 hikers and their dogs. He was going at them at a high rate of speed and not giving them the right of way.

Seeing he was not going to get thru, he slammed on the brakes and skided to a hault sideways in front of them. They all were very nervous and not happy. I slowly went buy this kid and waved to the people we were just 15-20 feet away from [B)].. little late. I wish I would have stopped and explained to them we are all not like this. We are already in jeopardy of losing that trail.

After the people I blocked him off and yelled for him to kill his machine. We then had a short "conversation" and he took off like a bat outta hell.

I arrived at the VFW way early. The pink ribbon riders were there. I could not ride with them today but I threw them 10 bucks as a donation anyways for their cause. Gotta check those bewbies [thumb]

This is their group heading out
Snowmobile Vehicle Snow Winter Recreation

Trails from Berkshire to the VFW were great besides a few crappy spots in Berkshire.
6 of us headed up to the drag races aka fun in the field held by the Groton snowmobile club.
Only one picture from dryden to summerhill LOL.. I know.. not like me.
Snow Winter Freezing Road

Great event they have and it was a pleasure to buy some food from them and throw some donation money into the bucket. Neat setup they have up here on the hill.
Snow Winter Tree Freezing Home
Vehicle Car Race car Subcompact car

Room
Property Room Restaurant Building Tavern

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We then headed down to the drags/ fun in the field. This is where all the action was. You pull up, and you drag whoever is in the other lane. No classes or anything like that. Some people have studs, some don't. Some have 1000's, some have 340's. It was all just about having fun in the field and I believe most people there know it was just that. For the guys with no studs it was very hard to get hookup, some people were starting at the top of the snow pile and some were starting at the bottom lol.. what I am trying to say is this was not a "sanctioned" event like Haydays or anything [lol8]. Usually sleds that wanted to compare ran many times to see if it was the same result over and over... all in all it was very fun.

I personally raced
Malorie on the Sabercat 600 no studs - Beat it pretty easily 6 times
Brian on Polaris Classic 700 Twin no studs - Beat it by many sleds 5-6 times
Fusion 900 no studs - Beat me by 2 sled lengths (have on film)
New Doo modded 800 136" with a bunch of studs (zippi) - Beat me by 2 sled lengths (have on film)
Medic944 Yamaha Rage? - First time he did not leave the gate and I let off the gas and waited for a second, seen him hit it, then I wacked it again lol. He beat me by 1/2 a sled cuz now he had a head start lol. We ran them again on the way home in a field and I beat him by a few sleds fair and square that time LOL (but he would pass me while I was getting gas! I burned 5 gallons, he burned 3.2 gallons in a recent test.)
Doo 1000 something with a ton of studs - Got me out of the hole and I could not get traction to catch him. He got me by 3 sled lengths.
I have a 96 ZRT 600 triple with no studs. Only non stock items that could affected todays numbers are spi pistons, torque arm, clutch kit, UFO's in carbs. 1.25 track, silencer.
Me and Zippi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfKLl8Vb1Vg
Me and some guy on a Fusion 900. I don't know if he was studded or not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_IobC7z7A
Me and Brian.. he was on a Polaris 700
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI5TZJgWzn8
That is all I recorded.
Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Winter Motorsport
Snow Snowmobile Winter Vehicle Winter sport

Land vehicle Snowmobile Vehicle Snow Winter
Vehicle Winter Snow Waterway Snowmobile

Snowmobile Vehicle Snow Winter sport Winter

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Racing

Vehicle Snow Winter Piste Geological phenomenon

Snow Vehicle Winter Car Off-roading

We get closer to the VFW in Dryden
Snow Winter Sky Road Plain

Alot happened right here at the gas station and I have a few pictures of it. I will not get into extreme details. Lets just say we ran into the young man from earlier and a girl he had with him.. I/we exchanged a few words and I had a parent that was fed bogus information waiting for us at the VFW threatening me shortly after. I believe after 20 mins we calmed the situation and hopefully he now knows the truth but something tells me that he is still believing these young kids over the 4 adults that were there telling him it was bogus. I still have one parent that hasn't spoken to me but time will tell. His parent is heavily involved with the snowmobile club so I am sure I will be called a liar there too. Parents need so step up to the plate for their childs actions when they make a mistake, and correct it.

After that junk was done, everyone else trailered home a block or two and I kept on trucking my 25 ish miles down to berkshire. I managed to get ripped off my sled very slowly by my helmet camera getting caught on a tree limb hahaha.
Took this picture to sum up my 100 mile very fun day.
Snowmobile Snow Winter Vehicle Ice

Videos will be up tomorrow of the a few of the drag races. Youtube takes awhile, I will set them up overnight to upload.

· Registered
586 Posts
Yea i was rocking the pink. I did way better after it was groomed. How did the helmet cam race look?? The two riding double were the ones i rode up with. I left them there I was going to ride to groton with you but you took off and i didnt know where you went. Hurry up on the vids, i know you arent working.

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ I have today off. I was sitting there waiting for you and my friend brian pointed at you going down the side of the road in the opposite direction LOL.. so we took off. Helmet cam races look decent. Hard to look great because the bumps. I was very happy with how my sled performed for sure. I agree after they groomed it I hooked better but with in a few mins it was junk again LOL.
Why you want the video so bad? So you can gloat on how your engine modded studded new 800 only beat an old 600 non studded trip trip by 2 sled lengths in a 600 foot drag lol. I'll get her up here in a bit. I just had someone come buy my old appliances and I have new ones being delivered.

· Registered
586 Posts
Two sled lengths...come on! I was only going fast enough to stay ahead of you...i was looking back at you the whole time, thats why i wanna see it. Wonderring if you can see me looking at you. I had the fastest sled there, hands down! It was a good time anyway, i really dont care about the racing. I was pretty tired from the 160 miles we did the day before too.

The way i went, you go down by the club. cross the road and take a back trail to summer hill. down the hill, cross 38 and field ride all the way to the groton gas station. I thought that was the way you were going to go.

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ Are you saying you were taking it easy on me and looking back the whole time? Oh please.. Glad I have the video tape to prove that statement false lol. You were looking straight ahead balls to the wall and just got me by 2 sleds. Thank god for helmet cam haha.. I will upload later. I have appliances being installed and I have work to do on them.

· Registered
7 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
^ Are you saying you were taking it easy on me and looking back the whole time? Oh please.. Glad I have the video tape to prove that statement false lol. You were looking straight ahead balls to the wall and just got me by 2 sleds. Thank god for helmet cam haha.. I will upload later. I have appliances being installed and I have work to do on them.
Great report and had a great time...

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ Thanks! It was a great time for sure!!
Zippi said:
alright, lets start a pissing match about it...I looked back at you twice for quite some time, thats what i wanna see. Get it up here.
[lol8] no pissing match. I'll just come over there and smack ya [beatup]

2 appliances installed and filled. Now doing the dishwasher... video later :) Oh the suspense of a race that was just for fun [:X]
Relax zip.. you have a 136" with studs and a engine modified 800. Fast sled that hooks up. I'm just saying my sled wasn't smoked smoked considering it is a 600 trip with 121" track and no studs.

And of course thats why that is "fun in the field". There were a bunch of sleds that were studs vs no studs and as we all know that is not fair in a drag. I have had studs and the hookup for a drag was a huge difference than with no studs.

· Registered
586 Posts
I wouldnt say i "smoked" you either. And im def. not dogging the old iron! There really isnt anything modded on my sled...pipe and clutch. Stock other than that. Its only a 121 also, not a 136. Anyway, i still wanna see the vid. Did you video ryan and jordan racing double?? I wanna see the 1000 foot wheelie again, lol. Great seeing you up there, glad you made the trip out.

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^ I thought you told me the motor was not stock and you tore it apart. I thought that was a 136.. Oh well. After running to friggen cortland then owego, Appliances are now up and running and I was able to get the 3 videos up. I did not video the F7 riding double, that was funny though! I would have loved to have someone double up on my ZRT to get traction. It was definitely a great weekend. 235 CNY miles added to my beast. Now I have a leaky head gasket I have to tend to. Was great seeing you too! Too bad we only got to run each other one time and we did not get to trail ride together. I just added the below videos to my report.
Me and Zippi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfKLl8Vb1Vg
Me and some guy on a Fusion 900. I don't know if he was studded or not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_IobC7z7A
Me and Brian.. he was on a Polaris 700
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI5TZJgWzn8
That is all I recorded.

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ I think it was 600 feet. I only looked down once at the finish and seen 85. There was no radar or anything.. very laid back thing. All the sleds there were trail sleds that pretty much came off the trail, dragged some, then continued on their way haha. I did see a few people trailered.

Picture of Zip's studded 800 doo getting me by 2-3 sleds at the finish
Snow Nature Horizon Asphalt Road

I am pretty happy at how my sled performed especially with no studs. Plenty fast enough for me. Was a fun time and I look forward to doing it again next year. I am also pretty happy that my old triple has been able to take out multiple polaris 700's by lots of sled lengths at the drags and on the lake. I have a coworker that told me my 600 trip couldn't touch a 700 twin polaris, I told him stories of the lake and he did not want to hear it, now I have one of them going down on video lol.. fun stuff. Even when I lost to the larger sleds for whatever reasons it was a fun time.

I also raced a blue SRX 700 and beat him. That was my first race. But I mean absolutely nothing by that statement. I realize many factors take place in a situation such as this. The lights sucked, the traction sucked, nobody was lining sleds up in the beginning... yadda yadda

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.