Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SledHeadz,
i got a '98 srx 700 mountain.
Could anyone tell me how to figure out if my engine runs on all 3 or just on 2 Cylinders.
I think it acclerates pretty good and runs well, but
to me it seams like that it just runs on the 2nd and the 3rd.
Need to resolve this problem before the snow is gone.

THX

DaveSrx
Alberta, Canada [thumb]

· Registered
169 Posts
Check the color of your plugs. They should all three be the same. They should all three be a tannish brown color and dry. If one is wet and the others are dry then u are not running on all cylinders.

· Registered
192 Posts
i think you would know it if one cylinder wasnt running, but to check it start it up and put your hand on the pipe coming out of that cylinder, they should all be the same temp, dont wait to long before touching it tho or obviously you will burn the ^%&^ outta ur hand lol. also you can start it up and pull the sparkplug cap/wire on each cylinder, one at a time, if it bogs down when u pull the cap off then that cylinder is running, if it doesnt change/bog down then that cylinder wasnt running.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
while the sled is running pull the spark plug wire. go down the row one at a time. if the engine changes idle when you pull the wirt that cylinder is running. if it stays the same with no difference that cylinder isent running thats how i check

· Registered
837 Posts
if it has triple pipes, just warm it up and put some snow on each pipe right by the engine. if it doesnt melt fast, that cylinder isnt running right. or if its a single pipe, just take the plugs caps off one at a time. if the engine bogs whene you take a plug cap off, that one is working. do this to the other two cylinders to see if they are all working.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks checked it with takin off the spark plug cap. no change when i take off the first one difference in the other 2, sounds like thats its out of wack by takin of the 2nd and the 3rd.

how can i resolve this problem???

· Registered
842 Posts
Check your plugs. If it is fouled,or no spark, it won't run on that cylinder.
Check your compression. Too low and it won't run on that cylinder.
Check for fuel. No fuel, and it won't run on that cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.