Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 02 edge i was wondering if a iq style snowflap will fit it or will it be to long i know you just drill out the rivits and then bolt on also im looking at slp's control grips how hard is it to install new grips

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Grips, the hard part is not hurting the handwarmers. The snowflap, unless the holes line up, i would think you might need to drill new holes.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
99% sure the holes will line up on the snowflap

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one of my grips now is loose and i will be careful cutting the right one off and they say use a air compressor the blow them off and on how do u do this

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
The iq will fit. You'll have to drill new holes. I have a custom snowflap for a iq on my gen 2. It's a little bit narrower but its nothing huge or noticable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
GRIP REMOVAL: There is a small hole on the end of each grip. Plug one side or have someone hold their thumb tightly over the hole, put a small air nozzle on your compressor and put it in the small hole of the opposite grip. At the same time the air is compressing inside the handle bar you should be able to slide the grip with the air nozzle right off. This works to put the new grips on too. Get the new grip started, plug the opposite end, put the air nozzle in the grip and work the new grip onto the bars. If your grips are glued, I think you're screwed.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
If the air does not work get some aerosol hairspray and spray the grip and the bar lightly. It will dry and will be tacky. Works great for my bike all the time. They won't move on you either.

Hold the grip with one hand and grip it right before the bar end, then take your other hand and bump it straight on there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts