Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I know this is probably a topic that has been discussed many times, I am new to sledding relatively speaking, what are the benefits of switching to an Xtra 10 vs what I have now which is stock? Everyone I run into who says my 1994 XLT SKS looks great and they say to upgrade rear suspension and that Ill never look back on doing so, also apparently saving my back. I know what the Xtra 10 suspension is, but I've never really been on a snowmobile with one so I dunno lol. What are the benefits these guys are talking about? Also, Im no mechanic but i am mechanically enclined, I seem to have a boggy issue on take off. Sled fires up ok, runs and idles ok, but bogs down for a sec when taking off. All kinds of power and speed when moving at different speeds, just not much at take off. Ive adjusted everything to factory settings but issue is still there. I also go thru a lot of oil despite re-aligning the oil marks it doesn't fix anything. Oil tank seems to be down about 1/3 to 1/2 tank every 30 to 50 km. ( I have no leaks ) Any help will be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those motors are not fuel injected, so if you are running them in temps greater than 40° they will bog down because they are getting too much fuel. You may need to do a good carb cleaning if the jets are dirty or plugged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts