Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know everything there is to know about these sleds. What type of rideing they are good for.. Whats the top speed... Hows the handeling.. Are they fan cooled or liquid.. whats the motor like.. Just stuff like that! thanks!

POLARIS (http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/rvs/1847657991.html)

SKI DOO (http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/rvs/1780247486.html)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
99Polaris500 said:
I am pretty sure they are both liquid cooled
Good call. Both sleds top speed should be between 90-100mph. The 600 mxz is actually the newer 500ss. Super reliable ( Easy 10,000 miles if you take care of it ). The M10 skid is a great suspension but is normally for Polaris. It's made by FAST and I cant tell if the one in there is a Polaris M10 or a FAST M10. I'd take the MXZ hands down.

·
Registered
845 Posts
The MXZ would be better if you like to ride rough, may want to upgrade the front shocks though if you are that rough. Maybe find out the mileage on it first.

·
Registered
695 Posts
i would take the mxz because it's cheaper and has better suspension. i have the 2000 Polaris xc 600 and the only thing i don't like is the suspension the engines rock solid 5400 miles and still 120 psi in both cylinders.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The Doo 99 ZX 600 is a solid sled. Can't comment on the M10 (I've heard of people both liking and hating it), but as sledcrusher said, that 600 is also known as the 500ss, and lately the 600 Carb. It's liquid cooled, making around 105 - 110 ish HP.

I'm not brand loyal, but I'd take the Doo out of the 2.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Why go with a sled that you could upgrade the suspension with when you can just buy the skidoo that already has the upgraded suspension? Imo id go with the doo hands down.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yes, you can upgrade to the Edge suspension. It is a wonderful upgrade. The XC 600 comes with a Fox Postition Sensitive Shock which is known to be on the soft side, which many people don't like. I have the same supsension on my sled and I don't think it is bad. It is mostly rider preference and riding style.But you can swap out the position sensitive for a regular Fox shock to stiffen it up

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
MXZ comes with powervalves which is nice! But the Polaris is a steal, all the obvious stuff has beem stated.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
The XC has the 600 big block, non-VES twin. This engine has thew same stroke as the 700 big block, so you can actually swap a 700 top end (ves or non-ves) onto that bottom end, but you'll also need CDI, carbs, pipe and clutching. The problem is that the bottom end already has 5k miles on it, how much longer it can go is anyone's' guess.

sledcrusher said:
99Polaris500 said:
I am pretty sure they are both liquid cooled
Good call. Both sleds top speed should be between 90-100mph. The 600 mxz is actually the newer 500ss. Super reliable ( Easy 10,000 miles if you take care of it ). The M10 skid is a great suspension but is normally for Polaris. It's made by FAST and I cant tell if the one in there is a Polaris M10 or a FAST M10. I'd take the MXZ hands down.
Polaris never had their own M-10, they all came from FAST.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Musky30 said:
On the polaris 600 is there a suspension that i can up grade to?
You can always upgrade the suspension, but it all depends on how much time/work you want to put into it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts