Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic is not what you think. I finished changine the anti-freeze today, and I installed the new exhaust and SLP clutch kit. I pushed the sled out into the driveway and began the process of bleeding the cooling system. Put the battery in, jacked up the front end, and turned the key. du du du du du pop. du du du du du dud popopopopopop, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 2-stroke smoke filled the yard. the nova scotia duck tolling retriever headed for the front steps, the wirehaired pointing griffon lay down in the lawn for a look-see. Ahh said Daddy. This is good.

Got the system bled eventually. Dropped the front end, jacked up the back and let her rip. the clutch engages around 4,000 rpm and the exhaust sounds fine.

The key ignition seems to be hit or miss. Sometines when I turn the key nothing happens, eventually it does but not every time. I think I had fuel hit the ignition tru the vent lines when I stored the sled. Anybody else had ingnition switch problems from similar circumstances?

Pushed the sled back into the garage and started the process of changing anti-freeze in the 500.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
sounds liek ur ready for the snow...thise ns dogs r cool my boss has one and it never leaves the water.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Just got my sled in the garage. Awaiting the arrival of an EDGE or Pro-x rear skid and a new track. Fired it up and now I smell like I have been snowmobiling. I love it. [:)]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
don't worry about the key, the key on polaris sleds anyway are a joke. Just unplug the spade plug from the back, and jump past the key cylinder, and the sled will run great.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I run mine every couple weeks . . . good excuse to drink beer you know. We are running out of mods on my buddy's MMax. Cause there's nothing like working on sleds and puttin' back a few.

·
Registered
581 Posts
im almost done my sled it actually will fill the garage with the sweet smell, i just need to fix some stripped threads, put the chaincase cover on, and repair the few cracks on my hood and its done. that and a little touch up paint here and there

·
Registered
581 Posts
done the cracks and got the hood on, now just to fix that one stripped thread in the chaincase and its almost complete

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got mine all greased, cleaned the clutches and changed the chaincase oil. Now just waiting on some snow. Your right about the smell of that good old two stroke oil. I put my sled jacket on last week when it got cold out and it just stunk of snowmobile residue. Which 2-stroke oil smells the best? I may be a little bias but I really like the smell of Polaris VES oil. Amsoil synthetic smells pretty good to.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Regular 2-stroke oil gags me. KLOTZ synthetic smells the best,so far. Going to try out Blue Marble though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts