Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you fellas know if I can get a 2"x121" in a 2003 Pro-X 800, I'm from minnesota but try to get to the Rocky's twice a year. THis year I went with my buddies and one guy had a 1999 MXZ high output with a 121"x2" challenger and he was High marking all of our short trackers. He had to put in smaller drivers to get it in. Have any of you mountain guys seen or heared of this configuration. I would like to doit. HE had good results high marking the rest of us flat landers on lions head mountain in West Yellowstone. Would like to doit with out replaceing drivers. My current track is a 1 1/4 preditor. Please help me out!

Pro800

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
It makes sence, but i don't think that is the best way to go. IMO, i think the VE (Vertical Escape) clutching and gearing would be too big of a jump from your pro-x 800 setup. The much much longer track on VE justifies it's steap gearing and it's clutching further matches that setup. I think the only way to get a 2" track on your 800 is to either install a rolled chaincase, or use smaller drivers like you mentioned, or both. I'm not certain. I think the smaller drivers are a good idea, because it will also act as a gear reduction for your deeper track. I would also gear down a couple teeth in your gearing, but not too far that you significantly lower your top speed. Clutching can be tough. I would just clutch it on my own, but i would not use the VE setup as it would be overkill. Try to match it half-way between your stock clutching and an RMK model. That would be a good overall performance. Generally, when flatland sleds go to the Mts. i would go lighter on the weights, and put in lighter springs, mostly because there is less oxygen at elevation so you will produce less power. A helix change will help match your riding style of the steep and deep, but there will always be a compromise between Mt. riding and flatland clutching. These are just guidelines to help you out. Good luck!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'd be worried abot the lugs busting off a 2" track on hardpack trails.I'd go with a longer track with 1-1/4" lugs.I think more surface area of track on the snow will do better than deeper lugs.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
wow what happened? To topics the same... With posts the same..

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Let's not double post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.