Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an offer to trade my sled for a 2000 Arctic Cat SnoPro 440 fan cooled sled. I was wondering what those sleds are like? If i could get a few hints on what they are like that would be great. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
the fans are good sleds but i would get a liquid cooled rather than a fan but that is just me. With a liquid u get more power than a fan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
the fans are good sleds but i would get a liquid cooled rather than a fan but that is just me. With a liquid u get more power than a fan
Yeah thats my thing, I have a 1998 600 xc that he wants to trade me. I love my liquid cooled xc and i do a lot of riding. But the thing is if i was to trade i would gain 2 years newer and 2k less miles. Not sure if its worth losing the liquid cooled part or not. The bottom end has been re done. Has new green belly pan, 4 inch risers, clear tank, 1inch lug track thats 2 years old, new windshield, newer skis, has newer front and rear suspension and extra suspension he took off and another track....what do you guys think?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,677 Posts
Sounds like you've taken care of the XC...I would hang onto it. You will only yearn for more power out of the 440, and being a fanner, there are really no mods available for it. The only real benefit I see out of the SnoPro is possibly the suspension, but that wouldn't be enough to warrant the trade, IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
The one thing about those sleds, is because they are so light and have the ZR chassis, they will hold their own against anything in short races. Plus they are great ditch bangers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
the 440 sno pros are great little sled but dont get me wrong they are not for kids they have alot of power for a 440 i was riding one this winter and really wanted it but i love my polaris sleds thats one of the only reasons i dident get it and the money but id ride it a little bit and wait for winter to come and it depends on what type of riding you do the 440 will get better mpg all around!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,677 Posts
polarisripper369 said:
the 440 sno pros are great little sled but dont get me wrong they are not for kids they have alot of power for a 440
Sounds to me like you were riding a ZR440 SnoPro...NOT a Z. The Z440 (fan) only had around 60hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
i wouldnt trade man. sounds like your 600 is a great sled, i wouldnt drop 50 horse power and reliable sled that you know for SURE whats has happened to it and how it was treated. just my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Quinlan said:
polarisripper369 said:
the 440 sno pros are great little sled but dont get me wrong they are not for kids they have alot of power for a 440
Sounds to me like you were riding a ZR440 SnoPro...NOT a Z. The Z440 (fan) only had around 60hp.
But they did have the Sno Pro fans, Z440 Sno Pro. Still not a kids sled.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,677 Posts
ClassicCat76 said:
But they did have the Sno Pro fans, Z440 Sno Pro. Still not a kids sled.
Yes...but it was still a 60hp fan cooled sled. Not exactly the high strung race sled the SnoPro name usually has in the race world. It must be realized that the term "SnoPro" doesn't necessarily mean it's a quick race sled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
^^^No, I agree, but the 440 Sno Pro fan is a quick sled, but it has little top end. My cousin has one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
i would not do it, if it was a zr 440 i would becauase it is liquid cooled very reliable, and it has a great suspension.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,677 Posts
I would have put my money on the 440 SnoPro. The Indy 500's weren't really known to be speed demons. My buddy had one...definitely not quick...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
Quinlan said:
I would have put my money on the 440 SnoPro. The Indy 500's weren't really known to be speed demons. My buddy had one...definitely not quick...
Nope not speed demons but they had a very very durable engine
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top