Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get a 2000 Arctic Cat Panther 550 running. Was told it has been sitting in a field for the last three years. However, the registration sticker shows AUG 2004.

I haven't tried to start it. Want to drain the gas tank, clean some parts, and inspect a bit more. Aside from some rips in the seat, it looks pretty good. Has 2200 miles on it.

Pulled off one carburetor and took it all apart. Jets were plugged. A little surface rust in the bottom of float bowl. Cleaned everything out and put it back together. Got to the second carb. Quarter inch of sludge in the bottom, head on the pilot jet is stripped flat (part #33 on most schematics), crack in one of the arms that holds the float arm (on the mixing body assembly #13). I see pilot jets for sale online. Where can I get a replacement "mixing body assembly"?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
ebay or al's snowmobile or try a dealer

·
Registered
378 Posts
Another place on line is alljet.com. The have most parts that you might be looking for. If you run in the the issue of bad jets that are plugged use Johnson/evenrude carbon cleaner. Most boat shops will have it. It will come out as a foam and then turn to a liquid. Leave them in for half hour to an hour to get them looking new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll check out the suggested places. Here is an image of the cracked arm.

2011127223493_34884.jpg

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
no problem. glad to help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts