Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i am an avid snowmobiler but am no good when it comes to engines.I got this sled all set for the summer before storage,went throught he whole nine yards.Today i put new gas in her and tried to fire her up,she will turn over but will not start.I am getting a spark,i also noticed that i do not see any gas flowing through the fuel lines.Please help me!

·
Registered
88 Posts
first check the obvious. is there a shut off on the gas line? is there gas in the lines? plugs good? if the plugs are good and there is no gas in the line what i do is take the gas cap off and blow into gas tank (use caution!) your cheeks should seal the filler neck,but again use caution and only blow till you see gas in the lines then use your choke.this works for me

·
Registered
412 Posts
Does yours have the primer or the choke? My '99 has the primer. I would prime it until you see the gas flowing in the lines.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine has the choke,if it had the primer i would be in business.I think i just need to get the gas in the lines,i am going to try bardillo's idea tomorrow.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Originally posted by dafoester
[br]Mine has the choke,if it had the primer i would be in business.
I'm going to print this and frame it; my partner hates my primer, I prefer it to the choke![:D]

Jacqui.

·
Registered
608 Posts
An easy way to get it going is to dump a small capfull of gas in each spark plug. When you stored it did you drain the carbs? If not try draining them to get some fresh gas in there.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
I had the same problem the other day with my 96 ZRT. 2 gallons wasn't enough to get up to the fuel line level. What I did was take off the fuel line (where it came into the fuel pump) and blew. I heard air coming out of the tank!! I put in some more gas and then I heard bubbles. Finally. I felt pretty dumb but how am I supposed to know that you have to have like 4 gallons in that thing in order for it to suck it up. :))

·
Registered
287 Posts
Carbs gummed up would be my thought, as well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts