Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so a buddy of mine has a 2000 Indy triumph and its not firing on the middle cylinder. It has spark and we just cleaned the carbs and it has VERY GOOOD compression. can anyone help solve the problem?

·
Registered
718 Posts
need a new spark plug?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
is it getting fuel?
did you remove the pilot and main jets and run a wire through them to make sure they are clean?
did you remove the choke plungers to make sure they are free and lube them up?
did you air test the needle and seat, make sure fuel can get to the bowl and hold some air.

·
Registered
632 Posts
maybe the plug wire inside the boot is bad? You may have spark, but is it good spark? Try switchin the plug wires around and see if it follows the wire, or is isolated to the one cylinder.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the spark plug is brown just like the rest but the middle pipe isnt getting warm at all. i dont really know whats going on.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i was wondering when the TRIUMPH GOD would give his imput,,,listen to him,,knows his stuff..nice to see u triumphoveru

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
xltman said:
i was wondering when the TRIUMPH GOD would give his imput,,,listen to him,,knows his stuff..nice to see u triumphoveru
Nice to be here, yes I had a similar problem on my Triumph. There were some "poor" quality spark plug caps on my triumph for lack of better words. I had an intermittant problem on my Triumph where cylinders wouldn't fire and it was the caps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts