Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Polaris 700 XC Deluxe 45th anniversary edition sled and have a few questions on setting up my suspension. On packed snow I was getting a lot of track spin and the turning at slow speeds was terrible. I have woody's duel runner carbides that are fine and it has the electronic adjustable rear shock. My friend that's an Arctic Crap guy told me to adjust my limiter straps one hole tighter. I took it for a ride today and it seems to be hooking up a ton better and steering is better, but the ride got alot worse and the electronic shock adjustment now does nothing( because it's so tight). It seems to have also brought my sled 2-3 inches closer to the ground, so obviously less travel. I also noticed my hifaxs are no longer touching the track at the front which looks like it will burn up my hifaxs because its rubbing now in one spot, because the track now isn't following the contour of the slides.

The limiter strap adjustment seems to cure the track spin problems and turning, but has taken away the great ride I used to have. I'm kinda confused, so is there a way to get all of the above or just one or the other.

PS- I mainly use this sled for trail riding not drag racing....

Thanks any help would be great!

· Registered
1,405 Posts
well does ur strap have a 3 hole on the bottem and a 4 hole ontop of it??

· Registered
1,405 Posts
do u have a pic?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is filled with snow from riding right now. can get one tomorrow. Are u looking for a photo of the limiter straps itself or the whole suspension or the way its sitting lower since going up a hole in the limiter straps?

· Registered
1,405 Posts
strap an setup

· Registered
4,547 Posts
How do you have the rest of your suspension set up, ski shocks, torsion spring preload, scissor stops, front track spring preload, etc? Have you greased the suspension lately?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.