Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I have this Polaris Indy Triumph I have owned for the past 10 years or so and honestly it sits more now than its actually in service. The odometer is reading a little over 4600 original miles. Mainly due to other priorities and I do have another sled which is actually older but I do put miles on that on occasion.

Anyways the last time I had it out (3 years ago)I lost the inner fuel tank filter line and my hood hinge broke.Also a hood strap and spring set.

I bought the repair items and yesterday put it all back together and things start as they should now and hinge is better than when I bought it.

I went to pull out of the garage and no go. After a little investigation I found the hydraulic brake caliper frozen in place.

I took two large screw driver and put equal pressure on the metal of the pads and pushed it back to just allow clearance. Low and behold I go now.

Upon a brake press I have a firm hand grip but I did have a soft one or two prior after the spreading of the Caliper. It was firm prior. Its 100% firm now.

I pulled the master cylinder cap on the handle bars and its full of clean fluid (replaced it years back). I broke the bleeder screw open in case I need to bleed them. The pads are in spec (more than a quarter inch).

Do Sleds brakes suffer from the brake "hose line" (Block back flow) issues similar to Automobiles?

Do I need to just remove the Caliper and Compress it and possibly rebleed?

Suggestions?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All,
Ended up taking it apart, Compressing, then using the handle to pump all the way out twice. Then I confirmied the hydraulics by rebleeding them.

Tested on the stand a couple times and then took it out for a 10 mile ride and brought it back.

I think we are good.

Thanks
Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts