Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one of these in great shape with 2500 miles. I have some questions about starting it, key position etc...any other triumph owners out there?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Awesome machine, if u don't have e-start key is just one click to right. Go through it and clean carbs if they haven't been done, grease front to back all zerks, change chane case oil. If u take carbs off check to see if the slides are green, if they are try to replace them as they will eventually break.(Factory defect weak metal) Other than that it's a great trail sled. If I missed anything i'm sure other Polaris owners will add to this. Site is filthy with experienced and helpfull members.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
triumphbute said:
Awesome machine, if u don't have e-start key is just one click to right. Go through it and clean carbs if they haven't been done, grease front to back all zerks, change chane case oil. If u take carbs off check to see if the slides are green, if they are try to replace them as they will eventually break.(Factory defect weak metal) Other than that it's a great trail sled. If I missed anything i'm sure other Polaris owners will add to this. Site is filthy with experienced and helpfull members.
hey, thanks! you answered my question and then some. great advice. any others want to chime in, much appreciated! LET IT SNOW!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
What do you want to know? I've owned mine since new, although it is now my backup sled to my 700 fusion. I've added reverse, temp gauge, electric fuel gauge, colored accents, and 144 studs among other stuff I'm sure I cant remember.

Here's my Triumph on the snow for the first time this winter a few days ago.

201112410535125_83.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
TriumphoverU said:
What do you want to know? I've owned mine since new, although it is now my backup sled to my 700 fusion. I've added reverse, temp gauge, electric fuel gauge, colored accents, and 144 studs among other stuff I'm sure I cant remember.

201112410535125_83.jpg
Man, wish we had half as much snow as u got! Still waiting......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
triumphbute said:
TriumphoverU said:

201112410535125_83.jpg
Man, wish we had half as much snow as u got! Still waiting......
ditto on that! we've got...grass!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
You will also want to check your jetting in the carbs. Polaris jetted these sleds way to fat from the factory. So rich that you will foul spark plugs like crazy. If I remember correctly, I dropped two sizes in the main jetting. Polaris did this for me under warranty for me back when it was new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TriumphoverU said:
You will also want to check your jetting in the carbs. Polaris jetted these sleds way to fat from the factory. So rich that you will foul spark plugs like crazy. If I remember correctly, I dropped two sizes in the main jetting. Polaris did this for me under warranty for me back when it was new.

thanks. saw suggestion to change from factory 360 to 340. what kind of oil are you all running in your triumphs? previous owner says cheap full synthetic from farm & fleet.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I run Polaris Blue, blend, just went to dealer the other day and saw price was 36$ for gallon...Ouch. With 2500 miles on yours the jets were probly done but check anyway. Mine were done when I bought it, and drop needle 2 notches also if not done along with jets. http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/OurCompany/Parts-Manuals/PartsManuals/9915364r01.pdf <-Check this out for some specs.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I've ran polaris blue since day one. Never had an issue, so I'm going to stick with it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
What engine does it have? With so few miles youll have a good sled for a while, but if you plan on doing lots of tune up (as suggested) one simple thing I have found is replacing the spark plug boots. They are around 3 dollars a piece. Cut wire, clean it, and splice them in. It is simple and helps, I also recommend the plugs with solid tops (not the screw off tops), it helped a lot with me sled.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It was the last year for the 600 triple monoblock.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 193177
ok i have a triumph what is the part# for the reverse i want to get it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts