Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Just bought 2000 plaris indy xc sp 700 twin and I dont know what kind of plug to put in. It has BR8ES but dealer gave me different so(cant remember off top of my head). So I dont know what kind to use it runs just fine with the BR8's but idk if i should go with dealer plugs. So let me know thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are those what you run or what I just want what stock ones are. An I think dealer was kinda of a air head that didnt want to do anything so he gave me what ever every other Polaris ran or something..

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The RN57YCC is the correct plug for that sled, a NGK BR9ES is the closest to it and can be used if you can't get the champions, DO NOT use the 8's as they are too hot of a plug and will cause problems that you don't want to have.

·
Registered
807 Posts
98700xc said:
The RN57YCC is the correct plug for that sled, a NGK BR9ES[/color=red] is the closest to it and can be used if you can't get the champions, DO NOT use the 8's as they are too hot of a plug and will cause problems that you don't want to have.

BPR9ES are the closest. As mentioned do not use 8's even as spares, teach em to float. Nothing wrong with Champs for that engine.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Anyone run BPR9ES ? They have a little longer reach/electrode? I have run them a few times with no issues but tend to stick with the regular BR9ES. I will have to try some Champs.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Thinksno said:
98700xc said:
The RN57YCC is the correct plug for that sled, a NGK BR9ES[/color=red] is the closest to it and can be used if you can't get the champions, DO NOT use the 8's as they are too hot of a plug and will cause problems that you don't want to have.

BPR9ES are the closest. As mentioned do not use 8's even as spares, teach em to float. Nothing wrong with Champs for that engine.

You are right, I forgot about the BPR's, I have run champs and NGK's in my 98 and 99, either brand has given me the same results and I rarely foul a plug.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i used to run the champs, but they foul to fast. i've been sticking with bpr's and they last me half a season. and usually i put on about 3-4k miles a season...sometimes more.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
98700xc said:
Thinksno said:
98700xc said:

You are right, I forgot about the BPR's, I have run champs and NGK's in my 98 and 99, either brand has given me the same results and I rarely foul a plug.

Yea The dealer gave me bpr's i think I am glad I checked what ones or id still be running BR8es thanks a lot guys[:)]

·
Registered
807 Posts
The Champ 57's have always been good for me. Lots of talk of improved idle from using Iridium plugs-NGK BPR9EIX. I tried the Iridium's, they were ok but NGK only makes that model in a screw on cap- not solid and the cap will always come loose- solid cap is the only way to go IMO. I have used for short rides BPR9ES and doubt they are any better than Champions but am sure that they will be ok.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Screw on caps can be solved by taking plyers and squeezing the tips just enough so they won't come off. Works for me but I too try to get solid top plugs.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You should be running a BR9ES in the non VES Liberty motors. The BPR9ES is designed for the VES motors. I think the Champ RN57YCC is the same as the BPR9ES.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
^^^^ The Champion RN57YCC's are standard equipment for the Liberty engines and there is no direct cross to any NGK plug. The closest you can get is the BPR9ES's and I have also found that they work the same as the Champs and are much easier to find if you are out on the trail somewhere and need to get new ones.

From my experience, a Polaris Dealer will recommend that you run Champions and will tell you that running the NGK's will result in engine failure. Now after reading this thread, I think they are only covering their @$$es so guys don't run the NGK 8's or something along those lines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been having an electrical problem - lights and other electrical items go on and off -- just pulled plug and see that I'm running the BPR8's - machine ran great - but, that wasn't the problem, the threaded cap stripped off and became a loose connection. Now switching to the BPR9 and "securing" the cap.

·
Registered
1997 XC 700
1,852 Posts
I run BR9s in my Fuji 700, I’ve found the liberty motors seem to like the champions better. But ether will work

·
Registered
9 Posts
well apparently the cap on the plug wasn't the issue on my electrical problem - still there. This has nothing to do with the plugs just looking for help to resolve electrical problem. Lose aux power while riding, or sitting still. Lights, and all aux power, will come on and go off at random - usually once they go off, they stay off more than on. When the aux power is off, I do have a very dim headlight, very dim. Looking for worn wire going to ground but haven't found one. Any other ideas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts