Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a polaris sp xc 600 , year 2000, I see in the guage that it has a spot for rev - reverse ? how do I get it? hard for the average joe to install? any info will help, thanks.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
look on ebay, there is a guy who sells a complete kit for adding reverse on your sled, last time i looked it was around $340 all Polaris parts, new secondary wiring harness cdi box and tach (for the rev light) he was in min

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
in 2000 with the gen 2 chassis, i believe you will have to add mechanical reverse. I added reverse to my 2000 triumph, and it was the mechanical style. The light you see in the dash is because they used the same gauges in all the sleds.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
bitch to install. I bought one dirt cheap for mine and couldn't get it on because on our sleds the trailing arms mount inside the bellypan, so I couldn't get the chaincase cover on over the big reverse gear on the bottom, it was hitting the inside of the bellypan. Later found out you have to take off the right side of the belly pan and the right trailing arm to get more room to work with. Glad I didn't **ck with it. I don't ever really find a need for reverse and I ended up selling it triple of what I paid for it [thumb]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts