Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 polaris xc sp 600 and i am looking for a silencer for it. I want somthing that will give it a louder sound and a unigue sound. If you have any suggestions please help me. Thank you

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey, I'm some one will be able to help you... But I can't!
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum!

SF RULES!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
115 Posts
Don't know about a silencer for it, but I can tell you this. Don't let anybody talk you into a pipe for your 600. Without motor work they really don't improve you. This is from an avid grass dragger with days of clutching and measured with a stalker STATs system. But if all you are looking for is sound have you considered gutting your stock silencer? You will lose some backpressure so I don't know what affect it will have on your performance. I did this to an old elTigre and to an old John Deere Cyclone. Couldn't tell any difference in power but ended up with a nice cackle, not to loud.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did alot of reseach on silencer's this past week. Now I have a 2002 xc 600, I ended up going with Slp for 217.00. Now they claim there is an 8lb reduction in weight & a 2-3 hp increase. Alot of people you talk have different views about them especially on the performance gains. I read a guys test results from a 2001 xc 600 with the Slp & he said there was definately better throttle response. Most of the gain from low to mid range. ( I should note this guy was comparing the Slp,MBPR,PPP,&Dynoport Canisters ) Out of the 4 of them he liked the sound of the Slp the best, He said it wasn't to loud & sounded good though out the power band. If loud is what you want then go with the MBPR. The Slp comes HPC coated ( polished aluminum ). I ordered mine from Dennis Kirk. Overall I pretty much bought mine for the sound & the looks since my manifold and pipe are HPC coated.

Good Luck!

Let It Snow!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts