Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be my first decent sled, I've only ever had some old wedges. I traded my old boat for it.
I had almost 3 grand in the boat, bought it 5 years ago. It stopped running, fuel issue in tank, and the interior was getting bad.
I think I didn't do too bad with the trade, considering I would have had a hard time getting $2,500 out of the boat.

Here are some pics. I was told it had a big bore kit, don't know until I pull the head off.
I know it does have:
-PWK carbs, not sure of size yet
-V Force 3 reeds
-SLP Boost bootle
-Looks to have SLP air horn
-Dyno Port can, not sure if pipe is dyno port or stock
-Nice track with 192 like new studs
-Came with a few spare parts.

Let me know if you see anything. I'm new to these sleds, I've only ever had some old Indy 500's before.








 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a spare belt in the parts and looks used, i'm guessing it has been replaced. Iwas told the engine only has about 300 miles on rebuilt crank and top end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,655 Posts
Check some stuff out if you don't know the history of the sled. Check clutches, carb boots, front and rear suspension(especially the front torque arm on the rear skid as they are known for cracking), motor mounts...etc. Over all it lookd like a nice sled and when tuned right they run pretty darn good for old iron. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
I can tell you that the pipe on the sled is a stock pipe, the PWK carbs are the model type made by Keihin which are the stock correct carbs for that sled also, hard to tell who's twin pipes those are as I cannot see any stamping in them designating a maker, along with the extra set of jugs,SLP powerdome head with 2 sets of domes and the other box of goods I'd say you did pretty good, if the sled checks out and everything is in good shape I'd put a fair market value on the whole she-bang at around 2K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
looks really nice, i like the head, and the seat, looks to me like you did real good, looks like caarb boot in the box, so maybe they have been replaced to, whats with the clutch being red, mine is like that to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
the face on polaris clutchs was a factory thing that polaris did
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind remarks guys. Anyone have any idea what the pipes are? I will most likely sell them. I'm just looking for a mean trail sled so I'll keep the stocker on it. I need a bumper, some rail grips, skid plate, and other small stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
aj_pressley62 said:
Thanks for the kind remarks guys. Anyone have any idea what the pipes are? I will most likely sell them. I'm just looking for a mean trail sled so I'll keep the stocker on it. I need a bumper, some rail grips, skid plate, and other small stuff.
I'll check the parts bin, but have a new and used Blue Holeshot skid plates. Also believe I have a bumper



aj_pressley62 said:
This would be my first decent sled, I've only ever had some old wedges. I traded my old boat for it.
I had almost 3 grand in the boat, bought it 5 years ago. It stopped running, fuel issue in tank, and the interior was getting bad.
I think I didn't do too bad with the trade, considering I would have had a hard time getting $2,500 out of the boat.

Here are some pics. I was told it had a big bore kit, don't know until I pull the head off.
I know it does have:
-PWK carbs, not sure of size yet
-V Force 3 reeds
-SLP Boost bootle
-Looks to have SLP air horn
-Dyno Port can, not sure if pipe is dyno port or stock
-Nice track with 192 like new studs
-Came with a few spare parts.

Let me know if you see anything. I'm new to these sleds, I've only ever had some old Indy 500's before.




















Check for numbers on the SLP domes, might be high altitude kit. Pipes look like LRM's. Seat looks to be recovered but nicely done. Sled overall has appeal, nice buy. I agree on selling pipes, heads, well I would sell them too. If you need more compression, go with a Polaris stock head and cut it 10K. Stronger, one piece design, holds cylinders in place. Just MO. If you need a cut head, have a spare!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info polaris1man. Let me know what you do have. I will need a blue skid and black bumper. Send me a pm, parts shipped to 49038. Compression is Mag 133/Pto 134, Mag side takes an extra pull for the last 3 psi. Those #'s sound like a stock head from what I've read.
Without looking again the domes are 12-67 & 12-85, If I remember correctly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
aj_pressley62 said:
Thanks for the info polaris1man. Let me know what you do have. I will need a blue skid and black bumper. Send me a pm, parts shipped to 49038. Compression is Mag 133/Pto 134, Mag side takes an extra pull for the last 3 psi. Those #'s sound like a stock head from what I've read.
Without looking again the domes are 12-67 & 12-85, If I remember correctly.
Compression #'s look good. That SLP 12-85, better check with SLP, don't sound right on the 12-85. I'll ck on shipping for yah and PM yah back
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top