Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at 2000 POLARIS XCSP 700 and Ive never had one of these so what the overall view of these sleds. How long do they last this a good deal or not how fast, reliably? Just need some background info. Says it mint condition. Let me know [:)]

·
Registered
197 Posts
im not sure what chasis that is, if its edge they are nice sleds i herd the 700 are really reliable and speed is really depending what it is set up for (clutch gear ect..)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think its the edge as I can see the guy didnt know to much since its his buddies and hes gone. Do you think thats a fair price?

·
Registered
50 Posts
just got a 2003 xc700sp the ride is awsome it has relly good speed and take off trying to make it more though you can see it on my gallery

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you pay for that?

Oops I mean How much did you pay for that? lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
tooooooooooo much 4500 miles total bill with extras coat oil belt plugs etc 3692

had it for a couple of days now and love it!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
if its in good shape, and runs well, comes with extra belt and cover, 1800 isnt bad. Its a Gen2 chassis pretty sure. the 700s were pretty reliable and fast. probly the 50th anniversary edition?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so this isnt so bad off a deal.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
trailjunkie said:
if its in good shape, and runs well, comes with extra belt and cover, 1800 isnt bad. Its a Gen2 chassis pretty sure. the 700s were pretty reliable and fast. probly the 50th anniversary edition?
Ok what should I look for on thease anything special?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Gen 2 platform, Non Ves Liberty motor. Rock solid motor. Very low miles for a '00 sled, that's like riding 400 miles or less per season. If the motor is all original, most likely time a looksie down the cylinder barrels. Bring a compression tester and see if the cylinders hold 120 PSI. Grease is your best friend in the suspension, as the Older Polaris sleds offered plenty of zirk fittings to lubricate the suspension. Visual inspection of track and bellypan are in order. Other than that, it's really buy and ride. Remember also, it's a 2 stroke, rev's to 8000 on the dream-o-meter. So being mechanically inclined goes a long way in you and the sled becoming friends.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Exciterfan44 said:
I dont think its the edge as I can see the guy didnt know to much since its his buddies and hes gone. Do you think thats a fair price?
It has an xtra 10 suspension on it. It is a lot stiffer that an edge suspension, but is a great trail sled, and very fast out of the gate. I have a 600 Ves from that year... So I can't say anything on the engine, but mine is super reliable and fast.

·
Registered
69 Posts
$1800 is generally what they would go for around here, that is almost the exact sled I am looking for. Honestly those sleds are so common around here I would say hold out for a 2002 or 2003 Edge, they tend to be the same money with that amount of miles, but that is this area, it may not be the same in yours. Either way though that is not a bad deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts