Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone has specs or can tell me how much HP a 00' 700 RMK puts out stock. I am trying to figure out what HP mine is running at. It has a few engine mods SLP twin pipes and V-force reeds what do you think it pushing in the way of horsepower?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
when i opened this thread i was expecting to see a rmk with 700hp lol. sorry i am no help tho.[:p]

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about the thread heading on this to begin with I have edited for what I am asking!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
In the 115 range stock with pipes and reeds I dont know. Maybe 120ish.

·
Registered
298 Posts
well just a can alone gives you 3hp so pipes and reeds probably like 120-125 somewhere in there

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by polarisracing11
[br]well just a can alone gives you 3hp so pipes and reeds probably like 120-125 somewhere in there
Who told you a can gives you 3 hp? In most cases they do nothing and even in some they make it worse. The weight and tone is the only really difference.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
thats all the hp the 00' has? i think the 98 700 puts down like 125 stock?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've seen where the VES 700 has 130 stock
but I don't think VES came out till 02 so just thinking your probably a hair under like 115-120 stock no mods.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
stock it was 117 hp. with those mods (the aftermarket companies will tell you, you have around 135-140 hp) but its more like 125-130 hp. Eric said it once "cut the hp in half of what the aftermarket claims to put out and thats more like what it truthfully puts out."

·
Registered
87 Posts
No way its like 120-125 stock. The Yamaha MM 700 was around 110 that year that is why all the Yamma guys have to get triples to make the trail sled a competitor. I agree to cut the Hp in Half on the mods but out of the box it was more than 117. In 99 When i got my 00 it could pull the skis on hard pack like nothing and the MM 700 my friend had without pipes could barely pull em off the pack. Remember i am saying 120, 125 is being a bit genrous. VES helped a bit but not that much it was more the edge body that made those sleds rock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts