Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy's got a 2000 xc 600 deluxe. He was riding it and all of a sudden it started bogging so he took it back to the house and there was gas leaking from the carbs but don't know where. any idea's. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
No put some heet water remover in there 1bottle you probley have alot of water in your gas ..lift track on a block and run 5 minutes .. Its from ethanol gas attracts water water to tank ...just trust me and do it. C told you so

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Pull carbs and thoroughly clean them. Be certain all jets are cleaned or replace with new. Float possibly stuck, needle & seat, etc. but need to go through them entirely. I do not agree with Sx on the use of heet to solve this. Fuel degrades at an extremely fast rate and if using anything with ethanol it's much worse. Fuel sitting in floatbowls for as little as 1-2 months will turn green and form "varnish". Been through it too many times over the last 40+ years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes probley a float needle... On the flooding but had my xc 600 get boggy and backfiring after not ridding it all summer (did not put fuel stabilizer in it) got it started rode about 1mile drove back to gas station on sled got I bottle of 2stroke safe heet.put in it the cleared up and ran fine within 2\ miles..was running ethanol gas before stored for summer..so it did have water ( condensation in fuel) ethanol attracts water...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts