Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know if anyone has an XC anniversary and what they have done to improve the performance. Mine has an aftermarket cannister, different clutch spring, and boost bottle. I would like to get the most out of it without depreciating the reliability of it. Any info would be great!! Thanks to all and look forward to hearing from you.

gggggggg

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Well, I don't have one, but to get top performance you can:

Clutch Kit.
Pipes.
Gearing.

Those are the main 3 things that will change performance. If you want to get fancy, you can shave the heads and do all kinds of expensive mods.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I had thought about gearing but will that mean I could be in the shop more on breakdowns? How expensive are the other mods and what mods are we talking about? Thanks again for the response Polaris Man.

gggggggg

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well for the clutch kit you will be looking at around $200 (u.s.) the pipes can be anywhere from $300-500. and gearing can be as cheap as $25 or expensive as $150.

The clutch kit and gearing will not hurt reliability, they simply change the way the power of the engine is put to the track. The pipes on the otherhand can be tricky to tune and they will increase horsepower of your engine. Now it may not be noticable but with more horsepower you shorten engine life. I personally wouldnt worry about shortening the life of the engine, many people put pipes on their sled without any problems.

I personally just regeared my sled, i dropped 1 tooth on the top sprocket and the new gear only cost me $23 from my polaris dealer. I will probably lose 2-3 mph on top end, but i should acheive a better holeshot.

On a side note, if you should decide to do more than one of these upgrades make sure you do the clutch kit last. This way the clutch kit can be figured out for the other upgrades already installed. I have heard that places such as erlandson are very helpful and will taylor their clutch kits to your individual sleds.

If you are only planning on doing one thing..the clutch kit is by far the best way to go in my opinion. I opted for the gearing first because of the price and i also plan on a clutch kit later on, so i wanted to do this first.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts