Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a mint 2000 xc 600 sp with 2600 miles on it its clean as a whistle how is the dependability of thse sleds ? whats the top speed? how much HP?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Very good pick in a sled, I loved mine when it was stock, but even more now, the 600 pull hard, handling is good. Not as good as the newer sleds, but an awesome bullet proof sled over all.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
sounds like a good buy... they are a very reliable sled. top speed i bet you could get 95-105 stock

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what chassie is that year i only paid 2 grand for it is that a good deal? What are the most common issues with these sleds?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
You Stole that sled. VES motor in a very fast chassis! good pickup!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it is the model with variable exhaust, it is known for being a very fast 600. Ours will outrun with most 700's. I have 6000 miles on ours, it has been sank once and riden like it was stolen it's whole life and the only problem we have had with it is the speedo cable breaking.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
[thumb][thumb][thumb][thumb][thumb][thumb][thumb][beer] nice job post some pictures i love those sleds my dad has one!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Welcome to the club. Awesome sled. Had mine from the box and never any problems. Every year always trying to make it a little faster. No problems out runing many sleds on the trail. I just reached 5000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
You are gonna love that thing, strongest 600ves engine up until '05's were released, 115hp when jetted for temp at sea level. My buddy had one and it sipped fuel and ran strong day in and day out. 15mpg easily also. And he put on about 20k miles+ until it died 4 years ago.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Great sled, Here are some Dyno chart's for ya!
http://www.mcbperformance.com/trackdyno.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
what chassie is that year i only paid 2 grand for it is that a good deal? What are the most common issues with these sleds?
Most common issue i seen with these sleds is the head gasket gets bad. That causes it to burn anti freeze or simply leak out the exhaust. Sweet sleds though I have the 2000 xcsp anniversary addition and the 2001 edge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts