Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALL,I HAVE A 2000 700XC Deluxe anniversary edition, I had purchased a electric start kit on ebay, well It turns out it came with the wrong clutch! I was told that it was ok, I just needed to get the clutch center bolt for a 1999 XC700, (does that sound right?)
Also while running the wire harness from the Kit, It turns out this XC700 is factory wired for a electric start, so I didn't need the harness that came with the kit, (GOOD) "BUT" where the voltage regulator is. I was suppose to install a resistor, (the one that came with the kit had 2 wires! (red and yellow) the one that is already on the sled, only has 1 yellow wire, and it has to be plugged into a 3 prong connector? which hole O'YELLOW O'RED O' YELLOW (Pretty bad when I can't figure out which hole :) ha [V] should I just eliminate that resistor and use the new? ?? and where does that yellow wire go off the resistor.. the previous owner had a jumper wire (HA HA speaker wire) from the middle red to the multi yellow? but that kept making the relay kicking out.. so I unplugged it.. NOW WHAT PLEASE HELP SOMEONE with wireing and clutch problem [?]

Thanks Ron

·
Registered
581 Posts
id say find someone who has done this b4 or get a guy from your dealer to do it for you

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More or less, I just need someone who has a 700 OR 600 xc deluxe anniversary edition to take a look at their voltage regulator ( it is on the right side just above where you put your foot.. and tell me what hole the yellow wire is plugged into in that 3 hole plug.. the plug has a multi yellow, a red and a 1 yellow.. et up.. which yellow?> when I hooked up the battery was when the yellow from the resistor was plugged into the red and Y'd over to the multi yellow hole.. I lokks like it was done for the useage of the electric shield connector???

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
When I get home tonight I will look at my setup and let you know. I've got the 600 xc dlx version.

Yea, I tried to wire my electric shield into it too. But, I didn't get very good voltage so I went to a direct connection to the battery and now the shield works great. I just remember to disconnect when I shut down and sit for a while.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so I messed up,,,,?? the yellow wire I need to know which plug it goes into is the regulator wire??

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
OK Skybolt58 I messed up too. I got busy doing other things last night and didn't look at it. I'll write a note and stick it to my forehead. Then when my wife and kids see how dumb I look I'll remember to go out to the garage and look at the sled. Sorry.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ya know I would not even put electric start on it all that does is take up more wait and more power I hate electric start for that reason and you end up pull starting half the time anyways in my experience

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
From what I could tell off the parts manual, if you don't have one for your sled go to http://www.polarisindustries.com/img/partsManuals/9915408.pdf and download it, your sled has a capacitor bolted above a regulator LR7 (My 600 has a regulator, rectifier, LR26 bolted above a regulator LR7).

The yellow wire off my LR26 goes to the left side of the 3 way plug, the yellow wire off the LR7 goes in the middle and a red wire goes on the opposite side.

Pictures should help.
This shows yellow yellow red. The black rectifier is the LR26 on with the yellow wire coming off it and going to the left side of the 3 way plug.

/polarisman/../images/users/offshore24/wires 2a.jpg

This one is pulled back a bit showing the LR26 and the wires in the 3 way.

/polarisman/../images/users/offshore24/wires1a.jpg

I don't know if this helps you or not. Let me know if it answers your question

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK great thanks a million for the pictures, But I don't have 3 wires to plug in? the wire I had in question was the one off the votage regulator. which is only a yellow one? I don't have a LR 26 unless it was built in the capacitor ITEM 3 in the parts manual also in the parts manual it show lr26 on yours but it says capacitor on mine? your answer helps me a lot tho, it tells me I need to get a different regulator? since mine only has 1 yellow wire, nothing else.. and to answer childsplay, I love snowmobiling, I own 2 polaris's and 1 cat.. I have 4 degerative disks in my back and thats why I purchased (used) a luxury touring sled! I am not out to do speed Just cruise the trails and enjoy the outdoors (safely!)

Offshore! I will take some pics of what I have so you can see what I mean..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, I got a answer from the EBAY person I got the starter kit from, he is a polaris dealer up in utica ny.. the 1 yellow wire from the regulator plugs into the POWER sorce Yellow wire.. Any yellow power yellow wire works for that.. thanks for your help Offshore24!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
No problem.

I was just thinking. Why didn't your sled have electric start to begin with? I thought that was the point of the Deluxe edition sleds that year. They came with all the bells and whistles. That's why they're so galdarn heavy.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hey skybolt, I see from your profile that you're into RC modeling. Me too. Both have sleds with the longest name ever created, RC modeling, mid 40's, your wife wouldn't be from south of the mason dixon line whould she?[:D]

My RCing is strictly planes. I've got a couple seaplanes, a glider, trainer, midwing, and too many kits to mention that need building. Do you have skis for any of your planes? Before i started sledding, a couple of us would go out flying on the hardpack early mornings on weekends.[^]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am mostly in planes, I have 8 ready to go, I don't fly in the winter tho.. it is snowmobile time, then! and no my wife is all new yorker.... (UPSTATE) and This 700 XC deluxe anniversary edition, don't come with electric start... just reverse and electronic shock control which is great. when the trail get a little rough just stiffen them up with just a push of a button.. well the electric start is all in now. and works good.. So I figures I would do a chaincase oil change, but that damn drain plug, (allen wrench) stripped out.. time for a new plug.. I got it out tho by pounding a #30 Torx in it... THANK GOD for BFH's :)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Whoever invented Torx wrenches was a dumbass. I hate those things, worst idea invented. Sometimes you can't get your eye on the part and you think it's allen head but it's not and you farkle the slot and now nothin seems to work right. Damn Ford has them on it too.[V]

·
Registered
1 Posts
LOL! I know I'm kicking the tires on a realllllly old thread! I'm having an issue on my 700 deluxe as well. I can't seem to view the two pics you posted... Could you post them again for me?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
That very likely is not going to happen. If you post up the issues you are having maybe we can help. Year, make and model too....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts