Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 XCR 800 that I am rebuilding the motor on. Crank and rods are fine just freshing it up a bit with new bearings and seals. Did a quickie top end last year but want to be thourough as I have a little time off. When I pulled the flywheel found a chip and I want to replace it. I can get a flywheel from a 96 ultra or xcr 700 on the cheap that I have heard will work. 98 ultras have the same part number. Has anyone tried this I've read in older racing forums that they used them to try and get more power just have to play with the timing a bit. I guess I'm looking for suggestions as I want to get out soon tired of the wifes sled. Otherwise I found a few salvage flywheels for about $200.00 and new they are $317. Suggestions? Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
well, if the part number is the same, then I suppose it is the same part. I have heard that the bottom end is the same on the ultra and all of the reed valve XCR's

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the 800 xcr flywheel is not the same part number as the others. physically its a lot lighter than the older xcr triples. and there is a good chance that the magnents are a different time.

stick to an 800 xcr flywheel.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
madcow said:
the 800 xcr flywheel is not the same part number as the others. physically its a lot lighter than the older xcr triples. and there is a good chance that the magnents are a different time.

stick to an 800 xcr flywheel.
http://parts.polarisind.com/OtherAssemblies.asp?partid=3085607

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
well then find a used one from a 98 ultra. i looked up xcr 700 and it was different.

·
Registered
334 Posts
As listed above, the only ones that will work are xcr 800 flywheels and the ones off a 98 ultra. The ones off the earlier ultras are actually a bigger diameter. If you are interested i have a spare used xcr 800 flywheel that is in good shape that i'd sell for $175 plus whatever shipping is to you. I'm just in Wisconsin so it wouldn't be much. That way you would know for sure it'll work. I don't know if i'd trust those yards either unless you physically see the part, because some of them probably think they're all the same too. If you're interested in my flywheel pm me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts