Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking at a 2000 xcr 800 with 4500 miles. It is quite dirty. To be perfect it needs a hood, the cowl that wraps around the seat/gas tank, motor mount and some other odds and ends. Now keep in mind when I say perfect, I mean that I am very anal! You can't even tell the hood is cracked. It shows 140 lb's of comp. across the board. I know it needs a lot of TLC (cleaning) to make it the way I like things, which I don't mind doing. My question is...is it worth $2000? It's going to need what I said before as well as new clutch springs, black carb slides and some cleaning! I've always wanted a xcr 800 but just want to make sure it's worth it??? I look around and it seems like you can't even get a engine less that $1500 and I can get a whole sled for $500 more. It also seems like the xcr 800's are holding at $2500 with even more miles! Thought???? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I agree, I see XCR 800s for $2500 all the time

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I know where there's a 2000 XCR 800 VES tripple with 3000 miles on it.The guy wants $1850.00 for the whole sled or $1200.00 for the motor w/o exchange.
Shoot me a PM with your E-Mail and I'll send pics.

·
Registered
97 Posts
just paid 1700 for my 01 last summer. the last owner handed me a reciept of 1400 worth of parts and labor done to in. complete engine rebuild, waterpump rebuild, new motor mounts and black carbs slides.

2000 is a decent price though. grab it while you can

·
Registered
1 Posts
ultrawillie said:
I know where there's a 2000 XCR 800 VES tripple with 3000 miles on it.The guy wants $1850.00 for the whole sled or $1200.00 for the motor w/o exchange.
Shoot me a PM with your E-Mail and I'll send pics.
Give me his phone number if he still has the motor. through email! [email protected] thx;)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I don't have pics any more, but sent you a e-mail with his ph#.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I would try and talk him down a bit just because it does need a little work, so I would kind of throw him an offer or two but that is what they usually like to go for around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts