Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has there been any known problems with the motor on the 2000xcr 800 just curious as im looking at one i need to know info on this asap how this sled performs suspension hp power rating so on how it handles thanx in advance lars [8D]

·
Registered
218 Posts
The motor is nearly bulletproof, especially in stock form. Stock HP is around 155. Sled performs well on groomed trails and lakes, but is a bit heavy for ditch banging. Stock clutching is very good and traction seems to be the biggest problem (if any) with these sleds.

Buy it.....you'll be happy.

·
Registered
777 Posts
broken motor mounts,is all i can think off right now,plus keeping the ves valves clean,

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
The only problem iv seen is trying to hang on when you take off..

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there many aftermarket parts that can be purchased for this sled [8D] so the 800 tripple is a good reliable motor stock

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
there are lots of aftermarket parts for all sleds, just look online and order catalogs, most catalogs are free. try www.denniskirk.com or www.hiperf.com (i think thas the site)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool ok one more question how does this sled compare to a 2001 xcsp 800 i am lookin at one of them to just shopping around alittle[:D]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and thanx for all the info guys much appreciated[:)]

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The XCSP is a twin and is about 50 lbs. lighter than the XCR. It also has the longer travel EDGE suspension. BUT there is nothing like the sound/smoothnes and top end power of a triple. My choice would be the XCR 800

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i have that xcr, the twin cant even come close in a drag, leave the stock exhaust on there unless you go with slp to lose 13lbs, front motor mounts are the only problem, replace them with a solid puck. the sled is awsome on the trails. scary fast. set up the suspension for your wieght and you will hang with or run down any little sled on a rough trail. if you have a lot of high speed trails or lake riding you i would go down a tooth on the bottom sprocket, know one would touch you for top end. with a heavy hitter clutch kit you will wake that thing up even more. i have a pile of clutching notes on that sled let me know what you do and i will give you things to try.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have a '99 XCR800 and the only thing I found this year was I broked the motor mount. Other than that, this sled run really fast. (no, its not completely stock either)[}:)] Like XcSpecial stated, keep the VES clean. WL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts