Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 2000 ZR sno pro and his APV valves arnt working right. He bought the sled used. He only rode it maybe 50 miles and the left piston melted. After we fixed it we were putting the APV valve servo motor back on and now they wont work right. Whenever we start the sled the cable mounting drum osolates or goes back and forth a few times and then spits the cables right out. We went to the local cat dealer and they said that most likly the servo's bad, and its quite a bit of money to replace it. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and how they fixed it. Also, is it possible to test the controller for the servo? Because it would be a waste to buy a new servo and find out the controller is bad, and that the $300 servo is fine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There should be a clip to retain the cables. Check out the parts breakdown on Browns leasure world website to be sure you have all the parts. There should be an adjustment to the cable length. I do not know what it is or where it is measured. I would only assume that it would be the same as the firecats and you will find it on WWW.hardcoresled.com. The movement of the servo when you first start it is to clean the valves.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the cable lengths have been checked and they are within specs. The servo should only open and close one time for the cleaning process, but this one opens and closes up to four times, then the drum that the cable barrels hook into, rotates in the wrong direction and pushes the cable housings out and kinks the inner cable by rotating way beyond what its supposed to. What I would like to find out, is there a test to check the servo or the electrical controller for the servo because the servo does operate, but not correctly, and the dealer (more than one dealer) tells me that they replace these servo's all the time, or it could be the electrical controller, but arctic cat has no tests to check, they just want you to replace parts until things start to work. what a wast of money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts