Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 800 XCSP non VES with a set of twin ceramic coated LRM pipes on it and aftermarket cluthing. I bought it late last year and didn't have time to ride until recently. It pulls like a bear, but only runs at about 7900rpms. Does this sound right?? I would have thought it would have been more like 8500rpm with the pipes, but I'm also used to high reving triples. This is my first big twin cylinder. If it should be reving higher, are there any clutching suggestions you my have, or is it right where it should be? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
contact lrm to make sure the clutching, jetting are good for your area, also check rpms with them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i wouldnt worry about that...thats where the power band ends....i have several engines from 500 trins to hi po 800s...none haqrly ever hit 8000

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
8000 +/- 200 is standard operating range. if LRM has clutching recommendations and you're following them, it should be riding at the right rpm. if you're not doing their recommendations, you should. the clutching will control the final operating RPM and properly clutched it will stay in the proper range for your pipes. 8,500 is too high.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a XC 800 2002 with VES + SLP single pipe.
my top RPM is 7900 - 8000.
It work like hell but don't have top speed.
more HP with no higher rev = changing gearing

the original gearing is 25-40 with a estimate top speed of 107 MPH.
I chage my gearing this year for the new 26 upper gear from Polaris and a 39 lower gear for a estimate top speed of 117 MPH.

Steve

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the rpm that mine is running sounds about right with what everyone seems to be saying, including SLP and LRM. I believe I have stock gearingin mine also. On Saturday I plan on running it on a private lake near my house with a GPS. I'll keep you guys posted with the outcome.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts