Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know roughly what the top speed on radar would be for a stock 800XCSP non-ves, and one thats clutched with twin pipes? Thanks in advance, Mike

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
about 108 on radar with stock gearing. mechanically that's the fastest it can go at 8,200 rpms fully shifted out. i'd imagine with the twin pipes it will be able to hold it's mechanical top speed.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
fatser than i would wanna go

·
Registered
492 Posts
i have an 02 with 25/41 gears and it went 118 on GPS in 1000 feet

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
118 in 1000'? you should bring it to the speed runs. by the time you add a speed track to run ice you would be real close to a world record. a proffessional improved stock sled built for speed barely get 120 in 1000'. also the gearing seems a little low for that speed? not arguing, just asking.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
118 in 1000'? you should bring it to the speed runs. by the time you add a speed track to run ice you would be real close to a world record. a proffessional improved stock sled built for speed barely get 120 in 1000'. also the gearing seems a little low for that speed? not arguing, just asking.

as far as the sled topic goes. if you dont change gearing the top end of the sled wont change. its gearing not hp that gets top end. to a certain point.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by 440_Rocket
[br]i have an 02 with 25/41 gears and it went 118 on GPS in 1000 feet
i'd be a bit wary of that. might want to check that with radar. what rpm do you peak at?

with that gearing, stock driver size, 8,200rpm's, and using a given that fully shifted out the clutches are at 1:1 (no overdrive), it can't go over 108 and some change. the variables there would be if the clutches are going to overdrive somehow or if you're running a higher rpm.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]
as far as the sled topic goes. if you dont change gearing the top end of the sled wont change. its gearing not hp that gets top end. to a certain point.
yup, you can have all the hp in the world but if you don't increase rpms or change gearing, it will only spin the track to a given speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.