Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 zr 800 2500 miles. It has a speedwerx head, fat daddy y pipe, fat daddy pipe, power breather airbox, v-force 2 reeds, clutch kit, studded track, 8in bar riser, hand guards, c&a pro skis, arctic cat cover included, orange accents. I did install that water temp gauge to monitor the temp closer then the light, but it did stop working last winter. Its just a cheap analog one (not digital). This thing hauls. I kept up with a 1000 last winter.

That's the info he gave me on the sled.

I can get it for 2,000

·
Registered
863 Posts
usually when im buying a toy, i tend to stay away from the heavily modded sleds, and build it my self. but it has lower miles, and a fairly reasonable price (assuming your in the states)
but as stated above, pics would be nice.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I like it it looks nice I would say go for it.But if you could give it a quick compression check that would be better.........But it looks good to me..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
here are the questions you need to ask your self, what type of riding has this machine seen, how well was it taken care of, how is the track, and what is the compression? ask your self that and then the main question what type of guy is selling the sled is he acting weird of is he normal if he is acting weird something is probably wrong with it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He said everything was good on it but that's him talking. But he is willing to bring the sled down and let me check everything over.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would say if the guy is willing to bring you the sled to check it out. I don't think it's a bad idea go ahead and take him up on it.If something is wrong just don't buy it but it looks like a nice sled........

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sounds nice as long at it doesn't look ragged out. I tend to stay away from modded sleds but if it looks and runs good then it definitely sounds worth it. I paid $2700 for my 2002 zr800 efi with 1800 miles and a slp can and reservoir shocks, looks brand new earlier this summer, just for a comparison.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I love the looks of that era of cats. Some of the best looking sleds IMO.

I always wanted a 2002 ZR 600 CCE...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Me to I own a few they were some real good years for Cat my wife would like me to get rid of them but I just can't do it. I just like wrenching on them adding mods and just working on them..........

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
So what one do yuo want the snow pro or the 800. i would saythe 800. looks nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts