Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last yr when i went to michigan say i like stop for gas and when i go to leave when i start it up alittle pop then she starts. i mean it starts right up and runs real strong. just today i started it for the first time since last winter. i ran it for about 5 mins shut it off when i went to start it same thing pop. its a small pop not a backfire just a little pop then starts. anyone else having this problem with there mxz 600 zx chassis or anyone know what would be causing this. thanx lars

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
happens with alot of sleds. When you kill it, it puts a raw fuel mixture in the exaust pipe. Then when you pull it over and it starts, the mixture in the pipe explodes. late 90's polarises do this alot, especially in colder weather I believe. My dad's sounds like a shotgun sometimes.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the info i appreciate it. that makes sense. cause by looking at the plug color is it running perfect.and yes your right it usualy does happen when its real real cold.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
My sled does that alot, so do many other sleds..Iv heard a after market exhaust can will cure it,im going to try one this yr to find out..

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
not really. A backfire is when the explosion comes out of the carburators/intake (ie: engine flow goes opposite normal direction).

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I agree with ripperd2. 3 of my 5 sleds do it. Seems like normal ops around here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts