Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with an '01 Yamaha Phazer 500. It only has 1500 miles and is in very good shape. It would be for my wife, so I think a 500 Fan cooled would be fast enough, but does anyone know the top speed or horsepower for this sled. Also, let me know if there are any other pros and cons to this sled or year.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
704 Posts
It would make a good sled for the wife. top speed should be around 90 and its 480cc. I've rode a '01 phazer mtn. light and its a blast, for a sled that can go anywhere and not get stuck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought a '99 Phazer last year with 1100 miles on it and also in great shape. I put some ski skins on and also put a Camoplast 1.25" track on it.
It is a great sled for trails, ice fishing and some powder.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The old phazers were so much fun, I'm sure those generation phazers were just as fun and reliable. And why not for the wife. They were probably one of the lightest full size sleds yammy made that year. Would be fun in the powder. As to this years phazer (07) I can't say I like it. It's cool, just not my style. But I'm sure they are a great sled.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
y mom has an 01 phazer dlx. they give a very nice ride. they are a great trail or touring sled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts