Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right before my sled engages it makes a clunk noise. once its moving theirs no slipping or ratcheting. I just extended the track to a 156 from a 136 which evolves messing around with alot of things that could cause a "clunk" noise. But I'm pretty sure I got all the tension stuff right but I'll have to check them all tomorow. But if any ones had this problem your help would be greatly appriciated

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I pulled it in the garage but didn't have time to tear into anything. I called around and asked some of the shops in town and they were all saying belt so i bought a new one. hopefully its that easy but it never is in my case. I did notice the track was extremly loose so i'm goona tighten that down and hopefully it"ll be taken care off

·
Registered
453 Posts
Unless you have extrovert drivers, run the track tension to about 1.5" in the middle of you suspension. If your sled has PERC, there is usually a little bit of a clunk associated with that in the helix after coming to a complete stop to engaging the clutch. Your chain tension should be set at finger tight with the secondary clutch turned as far counter-clockwise as you can.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TrailRebel said:
Unless you have extrovert drivers, run the track tension to about 1.5" in the middle of you suspension. If your sled has PERC, there is usually a little bit of a clunk associated with that in the helix after coming to a complete stop to engaging the clutch. Your chain tension should be set at finger tight with the secondary clutch turned as far counter-clockwise as you can.
Whats a PERC and how do you know if you have extrovert drivers? And the track sagged about 3 to 4 inches when i put the sled on the jack.

PERC is reverse, which i do not have

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tighten the track and replaced the belt and the clunk is gone. runs awesome now. I'm pretty sure it was the track because it was pretty loose and the old belt looked fine. But thanks guys for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts