Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy who has contacted me and wants to trade his 1999 Artic cat 440 Sno pro for my 2001 Polaris XC 500. His 440 has 3600 miles, 96 pics, reeds, track looks nice, as does the rest of it, newly recovered seat and bar risers. My XC has 4500 miles, crappy track, no pics, but other then that is in really nice shape. But does have a few flaws i'm thinking Base gasket or maybe Crank seal as it runs rough. Does this sound like a good trade on my part? I know i'm going backward in years. But in overall Value?

Heres the cat

Another

My Polaris

He says his has nothing wrong with it. He just wants a polaris. I figured maybe trade and try and sell his because i havent had any takers on mine or keep it if i like it.
Thanks in advence for the help.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The only people this trade matters too is you and the other guy...

If your both happy, then go for it....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RAMROD said:
The only people this trade matters too is you and the other guy...

If your both happy, then go for it....
well ya i'm worried if it's equal in value and reliability more then anything. How are these sled reliablity wise?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would say keep the polaris. I had a 98 440 sno pro and it was nothing but trouble. The powervalves kept breaking and falling down in thier bores and hitting the pistons. It was around $700 to fix the power valves only to have them break again after 500 miles. The sled was fast as heck but it rode rough and was to much work to keep running. Just my opinion though you can do what you think will be better for you and good luck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cat_man_doo08 said:
I would say keep the polaris. I had a 98 440 sno pro and it was nothing but trouble. The powervalves kept breaking and falling down in thier bores and hitting the pistons. It was around $700 to fix the power valves only to have them break again after 500 miles. The sled was fast as heck but it rode rough and was to much work to keep running. Just my opinion though you can do what you think will be better for you and good luck.
Do you know if there is any problem areas i should look into other then the power valves? He put a new rear shock in so i should prolly check the tunnel for damage? maybe he jumped it alot? or kept up on mainteneace?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Not sure but I would put after market valves on it. It would be safer too. What you rather want buy after market power valves for around 150 or cheaper Or rebuild your motor if the stock ones fail for 700 unles you know how do to it your self.

Or keep your sled

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
snowmobileguy said:
Not sure but I would put after market valves on it. It would be safer too. What you rather want buy after market power valves for around 150 or cheaper Or rebuild your motor if the stock ones fail for 700 unles you know how do to it your self.

Or keep your sled
Where can i buy the aftermarkey ones i've been looking online and can't find them. I've also searched Power Valves for a 1999 Arctic Cat ZR 440 Sno Pro and can't find any info on them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
snowmobileguy said:
Your local dealer would know where to but them.
Thanks for all the help but i'm not going to trade. I don't want to risk the valves going bad. He said the topend was rebuilt and has about 800 miles on it and the secondary was rebuilt. He said his dealer looked it over and found nothing wrong but he doesn't know if he checked the valves. So i'm not gonna risk it i will just keep mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts