Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got a 2001 xc 800 non exhaust valve. Having a few issues with the sled. When I first got the sled it didn't have any spark on one cylinder ended up being a plug cap. So now when it idles it sounds good till it idles down the sounds like it's running on 1 cylinder an kinda backfire when u feather the throttle but comes out of it an it doesn't wanna go over 6000 rpms, the engine has been ported an piped an has SLP heads on it supposedly the guy use to race the sled. Things I have done so far it cleaned the carbs, new gas,new plugs an caps, took the pipes off an put a single pipe on ( no difference) switched out the cdi an coil still didn't make a difference cleaned the reeds. No matter what I do still isn't changing the issue I have. Do you guys thing the crank is out of phase? Or could it be the stator. Any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
If you changed from triple pipes to a single there are definitely fueling issues to address in the form of jetting. How do the plugs look after some run time? I bet it's rich across the board.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you changed from triple pipes to a single there are definitely fueling issues to address in the form of jetting. How do the plugs look after some run time? I bet it's rich across the board.

Twin pipes to a single pipe

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Doh, yup.....was thinking XCR. Even so there is jetting involved from one to two and vice versa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doh, yup.....was thinking XCR. Even so there is jetting involved from one to two and vice versa.

Yea didn't switch the jetting but either way you should notice a difference an I didn't notice a thing it ran the same way which makes me think it's something completely different

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I know what you mean about the fueling. I think you will be rich with the single pipe.

Do you have the original CDI? I would try that out if there is a chance it was still good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean about the fueling. I think you will be rich with the single pipe.

Do you have the original CDI? I would try that out if there is a chance it was still good.

Yea the original cdi is still on it. I switched it out with a different one an nothing changed so I switched it back. The pipes are back on to. An no matter what I do the motor seems to run the same, it would be different if I notice a slight change, but it runs the same way as it did before

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Back to basics...if you know you have at least decent spark and fuel. Compression test and check for leaks at crank seals, carb boots, etc.

When you say it won't Rev past 6k....have you changed belts and ever had the clutches apart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back to basics...if you know you have at least decent spark and fuel. Compression test and check for leaks at crank seals, carb boots, etc.

When you say it won't Rev past 6k....have you changed belts and ever had the clutches apart.

Sprayed the crank seal on the clutch side everything was good there couldn't get to the other side. It has 130 psi in each cylinder, carb boots an Reed cages looked good, the clutch spring was broken, but replaced. It's a newer belt on there. I'm gonna try a post a video of what it's doing. I kinda feel like it's spark related!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts