Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i had one of my cables touch the muffler and it broke the inner speedo cable to two pieces and i was wondering if i can fix it or replace it but when i try to replace it they said it was a special cable so i cant find a cheaper deal on it. i would like it if someone have one i can buy or a site beside polaris which is 70 dollars or there is another cable that works just as fine

thanks
jake

·
Registered
526 Posts
did you try e-bay?

One thing I've noticed as well with my 01 edge is that most parts do not cross with other yr sleds, although I have found that almost all edge parts do interchange... With that said good luck [thumb]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dumz1 said:
did you try e-bay?

One thing I've noticed as well with my 01 edge is that most parts do not cross with other yr sleds, although I have found that almost all edge parts do interchange... With that said good luck [thumb]
so the cable does work like from an 02?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I replaced cables on my 02 and my bros 01 w/ cables from dennis kirk said to be for a 97 indy 500. They work fine and were only $10. There's nothing special about them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've never had to replace my speedo cable so I do not know what yr's interchange, but I know the radius rods and trailing arms would interchange with 01-04 edges.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so it is Polaris fault that they failed to make the connections on the parts between 01 t0 the newer edges that have the same parts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
When you do change the cable make sure you get it all tucked in and zipp tied well. I blew a belt after changing the speedo cable and it grabbed it and wrapeed the cable up in the clutches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts