Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im currently watching a sled on ebay that ends 2mro afternoon and need to know what you guys think,
heres the item description

Hello you are looking at a 2001 polaris pro x 440, This sled has 930 miles on the sled, the motor and exhaust I bought in 2002 to update so I did not have to buy a new sled. the motor has the trail pump gas head on it because I trail rode this sled. i do have the race head. I also took of the power valve selonids because it is more trail friendly without them, I also will include these. The rear shocks have ben revolved for trail ridding the front I changed to works triple rated for trail ridding. The sled has a 1 1/4 track that is in good shape no clips are missing. the skis aer in good shape with good 6" carbide. If you have any questions just ask. This sled is fore sale locally so I my end auction early. Sled can be viewed at south side marine in fremont MI thanks and good luck.

thats what he say i just wanna know what the difference in the 2 motors is and what exactly are the selenoids?? and what do they do oh yah its liquid too not fan whats the deal with no specs on polaris man??

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Race sled, and if im not mistaken he claims to have taken VES off, to make it more trail friendly? I dont know about that one!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Have to agree w/ MDManiac on that one.

Why would you take off the VES? I can't see that making it more trail friendly in any way, unless you like less hp and performance for your trail riding.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah but i guess i can put them back in if i actually get the sled which i will know later when i decide whether or not to bid...... we will see

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
keep us updated!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by sschwei399
[br]im currently watching a sled on ebay that ends 2mro afternoon and need to know what you guys think,
heres the item description

Hello you are looking at a 2001 polaris pro x 440, This sled has 930 miles on the sled, the motor and exhaust I bought in 2002 to update so I did not have to buy a new sled. the motor has the trail pump gas head on it because I trail rode this sled. i do have the race head. I also took of the power valve selonids because it is more trail friendly without them, I also will include these. The rear shocks have ben revolved for trail ridding the front I changed to works triple rated for trail ridding. The sled has a 1 1/4 track that is in good shape no clips are missing. the skis aer in good shape with good 6" carbide. If you have any questions just ask. This sled is fore sale locally so I my end auction early. Sled can be viewed at south side marine in fremont MI thanks and good luck.
thats what he say i just wanna know what the difference in the 2 motors is and what exactly are the selenoids?? and what do they do oh yah its liquid too not fan whats the deal with no specs on polaris man??
Taking off the power valve solenoids and replacing the exhaust springs will make the sled trail better as the powervalves then are smooth from open to close, whereas with the solenoids they act funny at part throttle settings.

Basically in 02 they put super light springs in them, and then had solinoids vent the exhaust valve pressure below 6800rpm or something like that. Once you hit that rpm, the solenoids would shut and the valves would go from fully down to fully up. This works great on the racetrack and Polaris has kept it in the newer sleds. Otherwise the difference from 01-02 is the 01 came with a pump gas head stock, and had a less aggressive timing in the CDI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts