Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just posted this on the yamaha board also.... Just wondering what to look for with this sled? I have a chance to purchase the Yamaha for $2300.00... mint condition with 1400 miles... Currently I have a 1997 polaris xlt touring with 2200 miles on it. Other then the xlt being bigger, is the Yammy worth the upgrade? I would have to sell my polaris in order to get the sxr. Not sure how Yammy compares to the xlt w/the xtr12 suspension. I do mostly groomed trail riding.. I understand one is double sled and other single, but in general, motor and suspension wise which sled is better? My xlt has the updated motor, so no crank troubles... How is the Yammy on gas? how are the suspensions? I used to have a 96vmax and it was the stiffest worse suspension ever LOL... the xtr 12 on the polaris blew the suspension away, how will the sxr compare to that vmax suspension? any info would be great........ Like i said the sxr is mint condition, only changes he made was to have it studded and added rises to the handlebars(which im not sure is good or not, but i can always remove)... with that said, my xlt is also mint condition..IM just wondering if the sx700r is worth me getting rid of my xlt... I dont ride double anymore, but i still dont mind the bigger xlt as its awsome on the groomed trails...I hate to trade the xta12 suspension for a bad suspension(im not sure how the sxr suspension was)once again, i do all trail riding.. no moguls or jumps.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well the sxr is basically i milder version of the srx. You dont get triple pipes, and they are a bit less horsepower. Yamaha triples pretty much rock! Now im guessing this has that pro action suspention, which honestly isnt all that great. Yamaha will be pretty average for a 700 triple. Its gonna have a LOT more power than your xlt. XLT's were under a hundred horse for the most part. Personally i would do it, but the suspention may not be as good as the x12.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
The Yammi will still ride like a tank, their suspension hasn't improved until the Nytro and Phazer of late, but still the lowest among all manufacturers. The Yammi will have a bit more HP, but is mildly tuned for trail riding. If you buy it it would be a huge improvement to add an M-10 suspension and you'll have a wicked trail sled. Don't forget better clutching, there's a term of Yama-bog for their mediocre setups.
I personally want to buy an XLT, owned one in '94-'97 and my dad for a few years after that which always ran great no matter what. Fuel economy was great, and the Yami should be comparable. Just count on spending more money on the Yammi if you do buy it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
you could put a set of tripple pipes on it :p wakes em up quiet a bit. never had a problem with my clutching :p eats the 700 dragons up :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts