Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on 714 feet both machines stock ,,,,,who should win considering the drivers are about the same?????
And what about top end speed??

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you serious,,,,,, you honestly think the stock Mach Z will pull infront of the T-cat 1000 , mmmmmm not to sure about that , would like more opinions

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Mach Z wouldn't have a chance against the T-Cat. Been there and done that!!! It wasn't pretty for the Doo!!! LOL

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys i needed the reinforcement ,,cause i just installed that 1000cc engine in my 97 thundercat and i pulled away from a new mach z yesterday on the lake and he told me his machine wasn't running properly.
Still i told him to call me when his machine would be so called "READY", hehehe
must of been 12 lenghts back on 1000 feet, so i had to let go of the gas,, didn't want him to have to sell his sled and get a cat , heheheh

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Is the T-Cat a short track?
I would have thought that the TRA clutch would have been a big help in the short run but sounds like you spanked him pretty hard.

My TCMC doesn't have the low end for drag racing but once I get up around 7500 R's hold on, it accelerates hard to 100+

What kind of clutch set up are you running?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i did spank that guy pretty hard,, first thing he did was lift my hood to see how the hell i was clutched ,,,,,,
Braught it to a guy that used to work for black magic. All he wanted was my old 800 engine and he set me up with a clutch kit,,
I looked real quick and i know there's lots' of Purple in there , ehhehe , Driven spring is green , and clutch spring is purple, ramp 64-40(not positive on that but pretty sure)39.5mm carbs with 440 main jets and Q5 tubings.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm saying this because I've seen Thunder Cats get SMOKED by XC 700's here, a MXZ-X 800 and a MACH Z 800, this ThunderCat got chewed across a lake.

·
Registered
243 Posts
If both machines were factory stock, I would say the cat wins. Once you start clutching and such it might be a different story.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Whenever somebody looses they have excuses,[:D] but most of us cat drivers don't loose that often.[8D]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Clutch set-up is pretty much like mine except for the helix I run a 60-50 have a Cutler red/white secondary (Same as A/C green) and a purple in the primary. What gearing are you running. Your carb set up is definately different. I am running stock 38MM TM's with 340 mains. And that is jetted for -20 at sea level. Sounds like you are getting a lot more gas in the motor.

·
Registered
567 Posts
the machs always have some problem usually with plugs or or belts

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
I want to ride one of those t cats. They just look and sound NASTY. I would probally wet the seat, then it would freeze and I would fall off and get run over.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
{I looked real quick and i know there's lots' of Purple in there , ehhehe , Driven spring is green , and clutch spring is purple, ramp 64-40(not positive on that but pretty sure)39.5mm carbs with 440 main jets and Q5 tubings.)

Ya tell you what , i just about wet the seat , heheh had it again on the lake last night with 5 inches of fresh snow and it's running WICKED, 100mph in fluffy snow was NOT a problem , and if there's a stock MachZ out there that could take my tcat ,, i'd LIKE TO SEE THAT, hehehe

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is no way in the world a stock 700 or any stock 800 that will run with the T-Cat, period end!!! These machines are just plan BAD! I don't own one but had the chance to ride a stock T-Cat at a grass drag this past summer, and it was only missing one thing------WINGS!!!!!! I ride a ZL 800 SS with Vforce 3, pipe and silencer with 144 studs that I thought was fast, but the T-Cat is a torque monster to the end.

"If isn't a CAT, it must be a DOG"

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you got that right bezoni
The torque in my t-cat is just crazzy,,
Last night the snow was falling pretty good and i got on the lake with a good fresh 5 inches of snow,, along with the other foot we had a couple weeks ago, and i had NO PROBLEM getting it to 100mph,, i had to slow down cause on our lake there's guys that have fishing cabins on the ice and i didn't want to drive wright into one , ,, cuoldn't see more then 10 feet ahead of me ,, but i just couldn't resist bringing her up to at leat 100mph, ehehhe
Like most of you said ,, i don't think there's ANY stock ski-doo or Polaris that can take those 2000 t-cats

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sure thing man, ehheh let me know who's eating your snow , heheh
I'll try and get pictures of that machZ about 10 sled lenghts behind, heheh lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
Tcat should have FAR more than 100mph in it, even in 5" of powder

as for the no such thing as a 700-800 that can take a Tcat, all I have to say is SRX, may not EAT it, but it'll give it one hell of a run for ti's money given it's 300cc's shy

still, tho, something to be said for a 1000

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.