Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have driven my sled three times this year and the third time it would not go above 4000 rpm and eventually it would move and run perfect i changed the plugs and checked the oil and all was good now the check oil light is on IM STUMPED PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
If there is sufficient oil in the tank the light should not be on. Could be the sensor is toast ( usually pretty rare though ). Is it running on both cylinders? Check for fuel and spark? Have you done a compression test?

·
Registered
123 Posts
get ready to buy a new engine for it . i had a 2001 xcf and i went threwe 9 motors in 2 years. warrenty luckly but my last motor did that u would hold it wide open and it does get any rpm and once and a while its goes a bit faster. i melted down both cylinders taht day. io hope it not taht with urs tho

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its running both cylinders the oil is half full thats probally why the light is on i checked the compression a month ago and it was 150psi so its not that but i probally should check it again im gonna change the oil filter and see if that helps

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
They fry motors because your not jetting right. its a race sled for that year and it is EXTREMLY finiky. you need to rejet every 5 degres were i live. it was a horible motor i ran a modded 488 then a 550 in my 2001 xcf sp chasie.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i'm thinking your gonna need a new motor. might as well buy a 6hundo and drop in the chassis

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
and then some heat exchangers and spend a long time making it into a liquid when itd be cheap to buy a bag full of jets or a tempaflow.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Tempa flow wont fix the problem on this sled, extremly finiky. the best bet would be put the 440 motor on ebay and spend 300 and upgrade to a 550, so simple to put in that chasie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts