Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a 2001 xcr 800, i searched this but few results. Just wondering any pros and cons of this sled and what would be a decent price. I also hear they are pretty fast sleds...

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
You posted in the middle of the night! Give us a little time to get back to ya!

If the sled is clean and in good shape, buy it! They're fast and the engine is a strong runner. There's a lot of people that race the XCR 800's over on AMSNOW and they swear by them. Besides; it's a Polaris!

Bryan

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
These sleds are extremely fast. For an 800 triple they aren't to bad on gas either. If it is mint than jump on it before the guy realizes what he is doing and decides not to sell it, or some one else gets it.[;)]

·
Registered
77 Posts
As stated above good HP and good mileage . They tune really well. Motor's alone are going for $1500.00 on up . From what I can see these sleds are not gonna get any cheaper they seem to be going up in price from last year.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Probably becuase they are a very wanted engine. Over on HCS and AMSNOW people are dumping their twins to drop triples in. They can't seem to get the performance out of the twins. And one guy modded the heck out of his XC and hates the sound so he's swapping to a triple. [ROFL]
As time goes on, there will be way less supply than demand since they're no longer in production. Unless Poo comes back out with a triple, that engine will be worth its weight in gold soon.

Bryan

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here's a 2000 with 2700 unmolested miles. Very well cared for and CLEAN! Asking $3395, but will consider offers as I found a new 03 I'd like to purchase. [attachment=52868]

Located in WI.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i put a deposit down on her, i fell in love at first sight!!!( dont tell my wife ) Absolutely MINT!! Really good price, Man she's gonna rip...just need snow!!!!!!Please Santa!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
XCR 800 = F'N crazy fast !!!!!!!! They are great sleds that hold up well in the bumps with the XTRA 10 and can out accelorate most anything they come up against. I drag race mine as well as trail ride it. You can throw a lot of weight at it in the primary and it will hook up a lot better out of the hole. I have friends that get 18 MPG trail riding. I say buy it you wont be dissapointed!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whats a 2001 worth with 3600 miles you think ballpark????Very well maintained and cared for...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Around here when there is snow on the ground that would probably sell for around $3500. When it comes to buying a sled I always go for what I want and if I pay a little more for a sled in mint condition then be it. Last year I bought my 2000 XCR 800 with 1000 mi. on it, I paid top dollar for it and dont regret it. This is a sled that will hold its value. I sold a 2000 that had hit a tree, the fuel fill was cleaned off flush, and the track was junk and had around 9000 mi. on it and believe me it wasnt pretty to look at and got $1000 for that. If you want an unridden absolutly showroom mint 0 mi 2002 XCR 800 I have a friend with one but be ready to spend $6000 to own it and he wont budge on the price.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool, i did well on the price then...thanks for the info!!! I will send a pic when i have her in the barn!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW, i just put tripplethreat's xcr engine pic as my desktop....till i get some pics of my own...man that mill looks intimidating!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
ah your from Suds, ex Valley boy here.Lots of room up there to strectch her out. Best asdvise, with a few tweaks these are awesome machines, dead nuts realiable, love my 01. These are so silky smooth and the speed sneaks up on you.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Nice buy iamultraman![:D] You defiantly will not be disappointed with an XCR 800. It is one wicked fast sled![8D] Welcome to the XCR 800 club.[:)]

My 03 XCR
[attachment=7412]
[attachment=6640]
[attachment=24532]

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
you cant go wrong with that sled!!!but hang on buddy:p
enjoy the power and the sound of a tripple/tripple
00 xcr 800