Snowmobile Fanatics banner

2001 Yamaha 700 SXR

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Triston Santacroce 
#1 ·
Hello I have a 2001 Yamaha 700 SXR and the temp light blinks 4 times and then a pause and starts again no matter what im doing, I loose Coolant but not often so it is a slow leak please help me out

#2 ·
Buddy i have the exact same sled and mine just started doing the same thing i soon as i start the machine the temp light flashes 4 times then it keeps on flashing. I talked to the yamaha dealer and i guess he siad my sensor is finished and they want 100 $$$ for the dame thing but with the amount of snow we have i aint buying shit lol. i put it in the drink last season so my dumb ass fault

#5 ·
Brai15 said:
cannon3731 said:
I have a 2000 sxr and had the same problem. It was the sensor that went bad.
Well I must have a leaking hose too if thats the case because I lose coolant, like every 2nd tank of gas im putting coolant into the sled but its very slow leak
I would check all hoses and heat exchangers for leaks. If those are all good it might be a head gaskit. Does it over heat when riding?

#6 ·
I would check all hoses and heat exchangers for leaks. If those are all good it might be a head gaskit. Does it over heat when riding?
[/quote]
I've checked after good rides but I don't see coolant inside the cab and it doesn't seem to be over heating or anything because if it was the light wouldn't be blinking red it would stay red right? and performance wise it's running fine all the time so im not sure.

#7 ·
Brai15 said:
I've checked after good rides but I don't see coolant inside the cab and it doesn't seem to be over heating or anything because if it was the light wouldn't be blinking red it would stay red right? and performance wise it's running fine all the time so im not sure.

CAN U PRESSURE TEST THE COOLANT SYSTEM? DO IT COLD AND WATCH THE GAUGE TO SEE IF IT DROPS AND THEN LOOK UNDER OVER AND AROUND THE SLED FOR DRIPPING OF COOLANT. CAN U SMELL COOLANT WHEN ITS IDLING?
[/quote]

#8 ·
CAN U PRESSURE TEST THE COOLANT SYSTEM? DO IT COLD AND WATCH THE GAUGE TO SEE IF IT DROPS AND THEN LOOK UNDER OVER AND AROUND THE SLED FOR DRIPPING OF COOLANT. CAN U SMELL COOLANT WHEN ITS IDLING?
[/quote]

[/quote] i haven't pressure checked but i have checked under the sled for leaking coolant etc and i have been missing my tail flap for a year and apparently that is essential to cooling ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.