Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my buddie's dad has a 2001 zr 500sp and what happened was his powervalve malfunctioned and tore up his jug, piston, head, and sleeve. Was there a recall for the powervalve for that year? Has anyone else had this problem? It happened to two of the same people and it was on the pto side. Response would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bobby

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM, should have bought a polaris!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like a nice xcr 600, with a real smooth can. No idea though on cats, other than your 600 likes to eat em, here kitty kitty kitty

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I have not heard of them tearing up a motor??? Just getting dirty and making sleds run like crap!

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
from the looks of what i have and firecat59 have seen it looks like the power valve went throughand when the piston was going up and down it (power valve) went up in there and caused alot of hell. beating the crap out of the piston jug, the whole 9 yards. the guy told us that he went to where he bought the sled and they gave him all the parts for free, he thought that was odd. so we think there was a problem or a recall.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, his brother bought the same sled and the exact same thing happened. Nice one dad,lol I'd get spanked by a firecat haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts