Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is with its speed. It used to get up to 110 on the speedo instantly and then wind its way up to 115. Now it gets to about 90 instantly and winds out around 97.

This happened right around the time the dealer was trying to fix a bog that it had when starting from a stop. (only sometimes the bog was there.) It turns out the bog was from a gasket letting air into the coolant from the cylinder head causing some overheating, etc. All this is fixed now and the bog is gone, but I have no top speed anymore. I have cleaned the VES valves.

Any idea's? The machine revs out at 8200 rpm now but I don't remember what it did before it got the new gasket. What is it supposed to rev to? I don't know what the dealer did to try to fix it before the faulty gasket was found. The dealer's Work order just shows warranty work for the gasket. What is the TPS voltage setting supposed to be? Are there any clutch settings that can be changed by a dealer for this type of thing? What is the compression supposed to be?

Thanks to all in advance

·
Registered
197 Posts
8200 is a little on the high end , try a new belt first. check carb sync, put a few more miles on it too. do a compresion test then.(xc or xcsp?) hmm...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying so fast. I should try swapping the belt. It just seems like a weird coincidence that it lost its speed at the same time that it was brought into the dealer.

The dealer has been great so far. Carb sync was done by the dealer, as was compression testing. They said it was fine. I am supposed to bring it back in for TPS voltage tests.

Any other idea's please post. I'll try swapping belts and seeing what happens. I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts