Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had a quick ride on our sled today and i rode it about 500 feet and then went to go park it and as soon as i slowed down it just bogged down and died. Tryed to start it and it back fired. This is the first ride of the season by the way. Could this be bad plugs? Battery not charged? Old gas? I want to get a idea of what it could be and where to start before i tear into it. And help would be great! Also how do you charge these batterys?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Can you see a battery? I thought those all add the batteryless EFI. You could try plugs. The one we used to have did that at some point, and we have done a stator and a top end since then and we finally got it. We did try plugs at first and that seemed to take care of it for a short while.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Change the throttle washers and try to get the black ones. If you have the problem again here's a great write up to fix the problem also. I recommend the washers and not doing the cutting of the prone or by-passing it. I know when my 500 was doing it it sucked. After the season was over I put it away and then this year I throw in a triple and last Wednesday first time taking it out to test the sled it had the same problem. So the guy that helped me with the swap told me change the washers and try that. It worked out great. I put the white ones in because I had to order the black ones because the dealer didn't have them on hand. Hope this works out for you. Also Blaine has a video on youtube. Go there and type in arctic cat bypass and the video should be there.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/80265-zr-zl-zrt-bogging-cutting-out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts