Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wantin to buy a sled that I can slam ditches boondock and run the pi$$ out of for not alot of money, just want a toy that can get tore up and not matter much to me. Found an 800 XC SP with 136" track, bar risers, pipe and can, boost bottle, vforce reeds, clutch kit, fresh rebuild on front and rear shocks 5400 miles. No idea what this sleds worth and i realize its got alot of miles but thats not a big deal to me. Whats this sled worth in your opinions??

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would have to say 2500 to 2200 but im not to sure thats what i have seen before in the summer.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I think The 2002 800's had VES, right?
high miles on it, and 800's were known to have PTO bearing failure. Who knows when it will blow.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would say its worth right around 2,000

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I think The 2002 800's had VES, right?
high miles on it, and 800's were known to have PTO bearing failure. Who knows when it will blow.
Didnt most blow earlier though this has pretty high miles and by the mods done it doesnt seem like the miles were easy trail miles either. If they did go im sure they were replaced. If they didnt go then im sure they wont if they already havent.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here is what I would be looking at, what brand of rail extensions? (hopefully Tracks USA) What did they do for extra cooling, with adding extensions? Check the boots around the boost bottle for cracks. Also being a 2002 XCSP means it still has the narrow running boards and no TEAM secondary. I'm not a big fan of the Liberty 800s, VES or not, but like everything some people don't like them and some people love them. If it were my sled the entire time riding it I would be worried about the bearings. Thats my 2cents

·
Registered
634 Posts
I agree on the bearings. My budy has an 02 800 ves and he replaced the pto bearing twice already. We ride pritty hard and no one else in our group has had any issues. but some of us are still on old wedge, or early aggressive chassis xcrs. But no matter how many times he replaces the bearing, he wont sell the sled. Its a power house from hell.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
20108320526757_33256.jpg
20108320528351_33256.jpg
201083205210226_33256.jpg

Not sure on the rail ext, waitin on him to give me more info... I was thinkin of $2200 or less, didnt know that about the bearings though. Really appreciate it, anymore info u guys have on these sleds is appreciated!

·
Registered
148 Posts
It doesn't have Tracks USA rail extensions, you can tell because the slides don't go all of the way back to the rear axle. It looks like they gutted the air box, the shelf in it is missing. If you could get it for $2000 or less you wouldn't be doing bad. Its to bad they painted the hood and that seat isn't the original seat. It looks like PowerMadd hand guards, those are nice.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I kind of like the hood. Is it me or does the trailing arm look kind of bent.It looks like the sled has a PSI pipe. As for the extensions they look like they could be SLP extensions

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
jesse500 said:
that pipe is retarded.
I was thinking the same thing.

If you can get it for $2000, I'd get it. If not, wait for a better deal.

·
Registered
634 Posts
jesse500 said:
that pipe is retarded.
Im big into the world of R/C racing and on our engines we use different pipes for diff applications. In R/C moving the stinger/outlet back gives more bottom end punch. Moving it forward gives more rpm. Dont know if its the same here but maybe thats what they are doing. It would be the same as shortening or lengthening the pipe. Youd get the same affect.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol on the pipe comments I agree as well, i asked about the trailing arm and I was "assured" it wasnt bent lol but it looks bent to me also. So idk guys im gonna go take a look at her and see for myself whats what with it. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
325 Posts
The pictures are dated from 2006, you should see if he can get you current pics.

alot can happen in 4 years.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
99Polaris500 said:
The pictures are dated from 2006, you should see if he can get you current pics.

alot can happen in 4 years.
I had noticed the same thing...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes when I noticed that I decided I would just go look at the thing, only about 20 30 min drive so no big deal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts