Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 2002 edge x 600 for $1600 it runs good c&a skis new track sno stuff can he said he changed the clutch weights and gutted the airbox j/w if anyone knows if its a good sled or not has 5000 miles on it

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
motodeficient said:
That sled sucks
why does it suck? same chassis as both of ours....

·
Registered
443 Posts
^^no it doesn't suck those are good sleds.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Liberty 600's are pretty much bullet proof

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have heard you don't want to gut the airbox on them, maybe thats the newer sleds than that though.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
how do you gut an airbox?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
But it also changes the intake pressure or something like that, thats why I have heard some of the newer sleds don't like the gutted airbox.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
no, they do not like the gutted airboxes because you can not ride powder or with lots of snowdust because then it is easier to get into the fuel mixture through the airbox because less foam to stop it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i set mine up and i love it, does it have the M-10? and the hp ratings were up across the board that year except the 800's you wont be upset, as everyone said clutch gear and pound the hell outta it

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 2001 xc600sp and i was wounding where can i get these parts from?
Almond/blue spring with 10/60 weights. 23/40 gears and 420 mains. Is it hard to regear the sled?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ranger400ex1994 said:
Almond/blue spring with 10/60 weights. 23/40 gears and 420 mains. Is it hard to regear the sled?
idk about re-gearing it cuz i bought mine with everything done to it but i imagine you can get everything you need from the polaris dealer

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
ranger400ex1994 said:
to answer your question, no it is not hard to re-gear, about 6 bolts off of the chain-case cover, 2 bolts that hold the gear on, re-tightening the chain and re-install cover, then add right amount of chain-case oil then your good to go! i did this w/ my 02 700, made a world of difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts