Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if a 2002 polaris xcsp500 is a good sled in general. i am completely happy with the sled i have now but i need another one for racing, and i need to know if they were a sled that would be good reliable and fast. a sled that can dominate the trails but handle good in the rough too. right now i have a 2003 pro-x 440 fan and its great but doesnt have the power but has a better chassis. so my main question is if this sled is worth buying. one more question. did the xcsp have VES.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the advice guys i needed to know if it had ves to have a little more power

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like mine. I've had no mechanical issues. It handles good and is a smooth ride for a sled of that vintage.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, holy sh*t 105 hp. thats pretty good for a 500 thanks for the comments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If you want something to race with I probably wouldn't buy a 500. Don't get me wrong that woujld be a great sled, but it wasn't intended to be a "racer". I would look into any edge 700, the pro-x's will have a little less top end but are still fast sleds.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the reply polaristhewayout but my class specifies that i race a 500 or smaller and thats the best sled ive found, i might have a chance with a proxr 440 but i plan on converting the xcsp into a racier version of it. thanx for the reply. btw i wish there was a 700 class but 600 is the biggest and thats for pro riders. im a junior/ameteur.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Polaristhewayout said:
If you want something to race with I probably wouldn't buy a 500. Don't get me wrong that woujld be a great sled, but it wasn't intended to be a "racer". I would look into any edge 700, the pro-x's will have a little less top end but are still fast sleds.
I agree. I'd look for a pro-x. [thumb]

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you're probably right but im getting this sled for a steal and it puts out and i havent seen to many proxrs lying around but i think i like this sled. first ill try it out later on this year towards november maybe and see if i like it but i think im gunna take it for the quality and the price, plus i dont need it just for racing ill use it for trail riding and ditch-banging too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2010528115051500_30828.jpg

heres the sled that im looking at

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I thought you meant racer as in like "drag" racer. I would probably stick with the 440 over the 500 for sno-x type of racing. BUt like you said, thats not all you can use it for, and if it is a steal then what the heck? Might as well pick it up.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea the prox would be good for snox but i need the sled for cross country and yea i need it for other purposes and its a steal but i think itll do all right in cross country benig that its trail riding just whooped out, thanx for the post

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah, from what I have heard and rode the XC is a very nice sled, in my opinion one of the better looking sleds out there. This is a good year, Im pretty sure this was before they went to the liberty motor around 03 sometime. I had a friend with a 600 xc just like the one your looking at and he put 11 000 on it and it was still running with our sleds with half the miles.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sounds like a nice sled jeeps thanx for the post, a few minor changes to the sleds handling and i think that itll be an ok cross country racer.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
Polaristhewayout said:
I agree. I'd look for a pro-x. [thumb]
your probably right but proxs arent easy to find and they dont sell cheap especially a 440 proxr but its not for snox because cross country is like rough trail riding and thats i intend on buying it for. but ill keep my eye open for a proxr.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts