Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about selling off my 99 zl600 efi (around 3500 miles) and picking up an 02 Mountain Cat 600 efi with 300 miles. One owner...rides it for 10 - 20 miles once or twice a year since owned. Summerized each year, started monthly through winter.

Any info, good and bad, on this model would be appreciated. Can get it for 2500...seems fair...looks brand new (guy is meticulous with his toys...waxed before put away for summer, etc.) Reasonable price?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I hear that they r good sleds, they should have a 136 2 inch paddle on them for a track, Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't 02 the first year that in the EFI system that u had to buy a EFI controller box if u wanted to add twin pipes, or different compression heads. Before this I think u had to add a computer chip if u wanted twins for the engine

·
Registered
278 Posts
yup hes right^ it sounds like a good deal. just to be safe i would do a compression test and look for all the normal stuff that would break first just to be sure even though it is almost new. better safe than sorry

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah man ia think they are some nice sleds i was thinking about getting one myself and my uncle has a 02 mtn cat 800 and its pretty sick ride.but yeah i the one that i am trying to get is all stock,rydeFX shocks all around still in great condition,couple small cracks on the hood,and little tears in seat but its all good but it seems like a nice ride. all in all iam getting it for 1500.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Not sure if those had the wider running boards, but personally if you do much standup riding and/or boondocking, you might as well upgrade to a sled with wider running boards than the ZL. Some people may not think its that important, but now when I ride any sled with narrow running boards I find it to be very difficult and uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
^ thats true I hate my narrow running boards that is one reason why I am going to sell it, I think if it was like a zr with sno pro package it would havet wider boards. if u r going to buy the sled u could always make or get custom boards, I think if I am going to buy a cat this year maybe. it will have to be a sno pro package just because I would have to think they would have wider boards than a non sno pro Cat. Running boards r very important in powder I have fallen off a few times due running boards not being able to fit my HMK's in the powder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts